The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol v. Warwick v. Nottingham for English Lit

I am finding the drop in league tables for bristol slightly worrying. I know people say ti doesn't matter but surely it says something that they've been consistently slipping through the league tables for the past 5 years. My subject, english, has dropped from 10th to 20th on CUG's 2017 page. I know student satisfaction is low and ive heard from current students that lecturers can be closed off and hours are minimal. However, the english department is putting up hours for next year and modifying the course. Is the library situation really that bad?

I only ask this because i also have an offer from Warwick which is a grade lower, higher in international and national rankings for english and a consistently top 10 uni, whereas now Bristol is in the 20-30s. However, i fell in love with bristol as a city and as i love going on nights out, to gigs etc. I'm worried i might get bored at Warwick- i know uni is what you make it but...

Oh and i also have an unconditional offer from nottingham but i have missed the accommodation deadline and would probably have wanted to be in broadgate park.

I'm also interested in what careers services they offer for english students as ideally i'd love to work in journalism or media but would also be interested in marketing, publishing and other fields. Sorry to bombard- thanks
I'm pretty sure you haven't missed the Nottingham deadline

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Ahh ok I had just heard all the good accommodation was gone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 98Englishstuden1
Ahh ok I had just heard all the good accommodation was gonePosted from TSR Mobile

I applied relatively late and I still got accommodation in Broadgate Park, which is want you wanted according to your OP
Ah ok that's reassuring thank you
I know that Bristol was voted as the top city for students (because I'm looking at it too :smile: )
I got rejected from Bristol! Firmed Nottingham and insured Birmingham, I declined the Warwick offer because I just thought it was awful, couldn't imagine living there
Yeah that's the thing I'm really torn on whether or not I could deal with 3 years of Warwick- also it looks like they treat arts as less important

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending