The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Primary Education

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I have a conditional offer from Sheffield Hallam for Primary Education (5-11) with QTS. However, I have already had my interview, passed both my QTS and received my A Levels - I'm currently on a gap year.

I got BBC, with a B in Geogrpahy and English Literature and a C in Psychology. I also have a B in AS IT. Now, my offer states 300 points with two Bs at A2. I obviously have the 2 Bs required but what I am unsure about is the total point score, does that include my AS in IT or does that go to waste? If it is included I have 330 points and nothing to worry about. If it's not included I have only 280 points and a lot to worry about as I always believed they were included and I already had the grades and am therefore retaking no exams as I am in Asia until August!

Please please help put my mind at ease if you can as worrying when you're half way across the world is no fun! It's only because I passed my QTS back in December and my UCAS still hasn't changed that the panic has stricken!

Thanks xxx
Original post by bmartin01
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I have a conditional offer from Sheffield Hallam for Primary Education (5-11) with QTS. However, I have already had my interview, passed both my QTS and received my A Levels - I'm currently on a gap year.

I got BBC, with a B in Geogrpahy and English Literature and a C in Psychology. I also have a B in AS IT. Now, my offer states 300 points with two Bs at A2. I obviously have the 2 Bs required but what I am unsure about is the total point score, does that include my AS in IT or does that go to waste? If it is included I have 330 points and nothing to worry about. If it's not included I have only 280 points and a lot to worry about as I always believed they were included and I already had the grades and am therefore retaking no exams as I am in Asia until August!

Please please help put my mind at ease if you can as worrying when you're half way across the world is no fun! It's only because I passed my QTS back in December and my UCAS still hasn't changed that the panic has stricken!

Thanks xxx

Hi bmartin01,

Congratulations on the offer! I would recommend that you give our admissions team a call on 0114 225 5555 about the entry requirements. They'll be able to chat through this with you and hopefully put your mind at ease.

Let me know if you have any other questions :h:

Nichola

(Official SHU Student Rep)
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending