The Student Room Group

Investment Banking Uni Course Help!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Madmax121
That's true and I'm not saying there aren't any LSE grads getting picked by JP still most of them are from LSE, I'm just pointing out that some recruiters are seeing LSE as semi target and not target.
mate LSE is probably as targeted as you can get.
Original post by h3110
Target unis are Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, ICL, UCL, and Warwick. Any degree at one of these universities would put you in a great position.

What about not doing maths at a level bu AS and an A in GCSE A* in statistics.
Still a good position?
Original post by life.of.pablo
Ok, Year 12 student here, I'm currently studying; Maths, Economics, Computing and Turkish. I'll probably get As and Bs at AS and at least 3 As at A2.
I've always wanted a front office job at a good IB (Goldman, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley...). However, which University and which course would be the best option for me? I've visited Cass and the "investment and financial risk management seemed appealing. Which course, which uni, what A level grades???

Which Uni is Cass? Sorry I have just started looking at Uni's
Original post by Ze Witcher
Which Uni is Cass? Sorry I have just started looking at Uni's

Cass Business School within City Uni London

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
What course would u say would suit investment banking the most? Wonder if economics is a bit too theoretical.
Original post by pepl3
What course would u say would suit investment banking the most? Wonder if economics is a bit too theoretical.

The course you want to study and will do well in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Princepieman
The course you want to study and will do well in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough. thanks. Ignoring what interests me the most or how enjoyable my uni life will be, would u say going to a top university is more important or the course u do in terms of getting a job in the sector? I am not sure if I should choose a less competitive course (but less relevant to economics i.e. international development) just for the name of the university.
Original post by pepl3
Fair enough. thanks. Ignoring what interests me the most or how enjoyable my uni life will be, would u say going to a top university is more important or the course u do in terms of getting a job in the sector? I am not sure if I should choose a less competitive course (but less relevant to economics i.e. international development) just for the name of the university.

yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending