The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL A2 Physics EXAM Unit 4 Physics On The Move 20th June 2016 (NOT I-A-L)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oShahpo
What did you guys put for the question about the values on the speedometer?

its a lower value if tyre not fully inflated??
Original post by SuruthiG

I wrote that aswell. Not too sure. I wrote so much random things hopefully I'll be able to pick up some marks

I said the value would be exaggerated, i.e. more than the actual speed, but the value itself wouldn't change as the angular velocity is constant.
For the conservation of charge I put:
Charge before =0
Charge after =+1-1=0
Charge is conserved
Is that correct?

I put higher value...
Original post by therussianhammer
The grade boundaries for an a* will not be anything below 70/80. The maths was relatively easy and there weren't any questions that required application of knowledge.

It was all textbook stuff to be honest.

My guess would be 72/80 for an a*.

I don't think so, it was never that low for an A*, and I doubt this year's exam was the easiest since 2009.
Original post by target21859
Charge before =0
Charge after =+1-1=0
Charge is conserved
Is that correct?

Yes I got 0 = 1 - 1
What did everyone write for the magnet moving up about the current?
Original post by KINGYusuf

I said that the velocity of rising is not constant because it's doing SHM, should have probably said accelerating upwards though, so rate of change of flux linkage is changing, potential difference changing thus current changing.
What was the decay equation did you include H+ and electron with electron and positron and what about hydrogen atom ionised not producing travk
Original post by habiba_9
What was the decay equation did you include H+ and electron with electron and positron and what about hydrogen atom ionised not producing travk

Coz it's stationary.
Anyone know where i can find an unofficial markscheme?
Reply 132
How did you do the radius of the bend, I screwed up and found 7.7m rather than 20.4.
Didn't understand the conservation of charge because charge before=0 but after there was electron(-1) positron (+1) and also an electron ejected (-1) so Charge after = -1?
Original post by Benji12345
Didn't understand the conservation of charge because charge before=0 but after there was electron(-1) positron (+1) and also an electron ejected (-1) so Charge after = -1?

theres a H+ ion

This is what i put:

The rate that the flux is cut changes because the magnet was said to be accelerating from release. Therefore the Emf and therefore current values vary.
Guys, for the hydrogen equation to an electron and a positron, can I write the Hydrogen as H^o (i.e. to say it's neutral)?

What equation? Was there a question where you had to show the equation?
theres a H+ ion

Ah yeah I thought for some reason losing the electron gave it a charge of 0 whoooops
Original post by oShahpo
What equation? Was there a question where you had to show the equation?

nvm that was the calculation
Original post by target21859
Charge before =0
Charge after =+1-1=0
Charge is conserved
Is that correct?

I put +1-1+1-1 as there was the hydrogen ion, ejected electron and electron-positron pair?? Not sure what Did others get

Quick Reply