The Student Room Group

What's the solution to the migrant crisis?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BaconandSauce
Turkey is next door and a few safe countries are but a donkey ride away.

Why should Turkey take them?
Original post by Vinny1900
Why should Turkey take them?

Because they are their neighbours and those fleeing are only looking for shelter until the issue has been resolved right (this is the definition of a refugee)

But odd you ask why turkey should take them but reprimand us for not.
Because they are their neighbours and those fleeing are only looking for shelter until the issue has been resolved right (this is the definition of a refugee)

It's good to live on an island, right?
Original post by brainhuman
It's good to live on an island, right?

We still have neighbouring countries so not sure of your point.
Peace in Syria.

A power sharing agreement that gives autonomy to the Sunnis and Kurdis, protection to minorities such as the Christians and Druze, but with the central government, provisionally, still under Alawite rule, although preferably not Assad.

Turkey didn't invade their country.
Turkey didn't invade their country.

Nor did we.
Nor did we.

You're talking out of your arse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34989302
You're talking out of your arse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34989302

It seems your geopolitical knowledge is even worse than your economic knowledge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_Civil_War

I'd offer more challenging sources as this is an academic forum but fear your head would explode.
Reply 329
Original post by Grand High Witch
People aren't going stop coming (or attempt to come) to Europe for the foreseeable future. What do we do about it? It can't be sustainable just to have large volumes of people wandering around the continent. Do we resettle them all in Europe? Do we send them back? Do we create more camps? Do we try and share the burden across Europe?

What's your view?

We need to build a wall and we need to build it quickly.

Who's the greatest builder? Me, and I will build the greatest wall you have ever seen.

And in that wall we will have a large beautiful door where migrants can cross legally
Reply 330
Original post by Swanbow
Peace in Syria.

A power sharing agreement that gives autonomy to the Sunnis and Kurdis, protection to minorities such as the Christians and Druze, but with the central government, provisionally, still under Alawite rule, although preferably not Assad.

No we need to kill every last rebel (i.e. terrorist) until they are nothing but dust, we need burn every ISIS member and give power to Assad so they submit to his command and stability can reign over Syria
Original post by Omen96
No we need to kill every last rebel (i.e. terrorist) until they are nothing but dust, we need burn every ISIS member and give power to Assad so they submit to his command and stability can reign over Syria

Vladimir, is that you? :lol:
Reply 332
Original post by Swanbow
Vladimir, is that you? :lol:

Vladimir Putin is the only one who has acted rational in this crisis. Maybe you prefer the western away, oops Iraq, oops Libya, oops Afghanistan, oops Pakistan, oops we gave weapons to terrorists. Here is a little newsflash for you western imperialists. The west is not a saint nor a model to follow. The west is consumed with lies and corruption which has seen the middle east turn into a hell hole. I suggest you get your western hands out your western A-hole and look at the wider picture before believing every story piece propaganda that comes out of America and Europe.

But then again it was people like you who gave us Tony Blair so you are all about the WMDs arnet you :wink:?
De-centralize both government and bank :smile:
Original post by Omen96
Vladimir Putin is the only one who has acted rational in this crisis. Maybe you prefer the western away, oops Iraq, oops Libya, oops Afghanistan, oops Pakistan, oops we gave weapons to terrorists. Here is a little newsflash for you western imperialists. The west is not a saint nor a model to follow. The west is consumed with lies and corruption which has seen the middle east turn into a hell hole. I suggest you get your western hands out your western A-hole and look at the wider picture before believing every story piece propaganda that comes out of America and Europe.

But then again it was people like you who gave us Tony Blair so you are all about the WMDs arnet you :wink:?

:O

True the West is not perfect. But to conclude that because something is not perfect the opposite must be good...
Original post by Omen96

[video="youtube;oavMtUWDBTM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM[/video]

Spoiler

Reply 336
Original post by brainhuman
:O

True the West is not perfect. But to conclude that because something is not perfect the opposite must be good...

Do you want another failed American enforced system on Syria or a Russian one that works? Assad is key to stability, attempts to oust him will lead to war. Help him win, give him full control, Syrians can return to a stable Syria where terror is kept in check. It's that or the American way (and please tell how often the American way has worked?)
Original post by the IT MAN
Then ISIS will take over!!!!!

Western intervention in the middle east has never been successful.

ISIS only emerged AFTER bombing Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan, meaning that intervention due to 'lack of democracy' only made matters worse.

The current intervention in Syria will only make ISIS stronger (by taking advantage of the chaos, further recruitment etc) IMO.
Original post by Omen96
We need to build a wall and we need to build it quickly.

Who's the greatest builder? Me, and I will build the greatest wall you have ever seen.

And in that wall we will have a large beautiful door where migrants can cross legally

Wrong!

He said this, I will correct the speech you just cribbed

{ I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively, I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall.}
Reply 339
I'm confused- is this guy a troll or just an imbecile?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending