The Student Room Group

What's the solution to the migrant crisis?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Opinion
These are not legal migrants, money in this issues is not relevant..

I have already proven to you that migration is a domestic issue, accept facts and move along.

You have no idea about me personally and just make huge assumptions. Not wanting the migrants in the country does not equate to not giving a "**** about others". I wonder how many migrants are living in your house.

Get over yourself, you 'proved' nothing. There is no way that migration, which is very often BETWEEN COUNTRIES, is a solely domestic issue.

And assuming you're correct (which you aren't) it doesn't reinforce your main argument anyway. Just because isolationism isn't in your eyes defined partly through migration it doesn't make it okay to neglect these people who are suffering from a war which we and NATO are actively failing to resolve.
Original post by Grand High Witch
People aren't going stop coming (or attempt to come) to Europe for the foreseeable future. What do we do about it? It can't be sustainable just to have large volumes of people wandering around the continent. Do we resettle them all in Europe? Do we send them back? Do we create more camps? Do we try and share the burden across Europe?

What's your view?

Close our borders and incorporate an aussie-like points system, of which means only people of value to us will be let in.
(on an unrelated note we should also significantly reduce our foreign aid budget.)
Original post by Multiculturalism
Aha! So some of you disgusting fascists are joking around about the migrant crisis. You think the migrant crisis is a joke? Thousands of children die in the Mediterranean. You think multiculturalism and tolerance are jokes too? The only way to deal with terrorism is to not alienate minorities, which you fascists are intent on doing.

You want extreme solutions. What about extreme love and kindness? I bet that idea didn't occur to you. Bet your mind went straight to border guards shooting migrants, like that nazi woman in Germany.

I bet the Cologne sex attacks involved extreme love and kindness too sweetheart.
Borders have to be enforced. The only reason Europe has the freedoms it has today is because borders were enforced.

[citation needed]
Our politicians our useless. We need to take a firm stand, and deny all of those economic migrants who want to come to the UK, as we have simply taken too many already. We should also deport those who are here illegally without hesitation.
Borders have to be enforced. The only reason Europe has the freedoms it has today is because borders were enforced.

*cough* Schengen *cough*
As it is an internal matter. a country can have a very aggressive and interventionist foreign policy but still not let in migrants, that is not isolationist. Isolationism is related to foreign policy (and trade to an extent), not migrant policies.

Woah.

Isolationist is the idea of "we do whatever we want, we don't care about what is done elsewhere, it doesn't concern us".

Closing borders and not fighting the problem at the source is by definition isolationist...

Just woah.
Original post by Multiculturalism
[citation needed]

History, read it, notably the Islamic Empires that repeatedly tried to invade Europe, then briefly did (where they brutalised South Eastern Europeans) only to retreat back again.

Original post by SHallowvale
*cough* Schengen *cough*

EU nations with Schengen border wise act as a single nation, if you must be pedantic, I am referring to their external borders.
The solution is to sort out Syria. As for the economic migrants, mass deportation or sorting out their countries. Sadly we don't have the infrastructure for either of those options.
History, read it, notably the Islamic Empires that repeatedly tried to invade Europe, then briefly did (where they brutalised South Eastern Europeans) only to retreat back again.

EU nations with Schengen border wise act as a single nation, if you must be pedantic, I am referring to their external borders.

Super ironic that a Brit, wanting to leave a union of countries so that his beloved Britain can reach its former glories again, would point out the fact that a group of people conquered lands.

I mean it's not like you created the biggest empire ever and with it defined what we now think of when we think of slaves.

The pure sweet irony is too much for me.
Original post by brainhuman
Super ironic that a Brit, wanting to leave a union of countries so that his beloved Britain can reach its former glories again, would point out the fact that a group of people conquered lands.

I mean it's not like you created the biggest empire ever and with it defined what we now think of when we think of slaves.

The pure sweet irony is too much for me.

No irony at all. Muslim armies tried to take Europe for centuries, that's not an opinion, just a historical fact. You can argue with history if you want to.
No irony at all. Muslim armies tried to take Europe for centuries, that's not an opinion, just a historical fact. You can argue with history if you want to.

Ironic that you use that as an argument.

I didn't dispute the veracity of it.
Ironic that you use that as an argument.

I didn't dispute the veracity of it.

Again, there is no irony in this.

If the Islamic invasion had worked, Europe for the past 500 years or more would have been Muslim, and as a result, a very different place, that is simple logic.
Again, there is no irony in this.

If the Islamic invasion had worked, Europe for the past 500 years or more would have been Muslim, and as a result, a very different place, that is simple logic.

Oh dear. I don't have time to talk to a wall.
Oh dear. I don't have time to talk to a wall.

That's it, ignore facts and history :h:
Original post by Tyreke
I have empathy with the women who will be at a higher risk of rape to due these migrants.

I have empathy with the homosexuals who will be at higher risk of persecution due to these migrants.

I have empathy with young girls who will be more susceptible to FGM due to these migrants.

I have empathy with innocent people who will be more susceptible to terror attacks due to these migrants.

I have empathy with the Christians, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs and Atheists who will be at higher risk of persecution due to these migrants.

I have empathy with homeless people who will be less likely to recieve the care and aid they need due to these migrants.

Where does your empathy lay?

With those who need much greater help, the ones you are turning your back on, the crime increase is much smaller compared to the number of refugees needing shelter. And also, if you make refugees saty in their deprived areas what do you think is going to happen?, they will either die or form their own gangs to fight making the cycle worse.
These are not legal migrants, money in this issues is not relevant..

I have already proven to you that migration is a domestic issue, accept facts and move along.

You have no idea about me personally and just make huge assumptions. Not wanting the migrants in the country does not equate to not giving a "**** about others". I wonder how many migrants are living in your house.

Migrants in house and migrants in country, hmm, yup they are the exact same thing, also I would open my house to refugees if needed.
Original post by Thisguy11
With those who need much greater help, the ones you are turning your back on, the crime increase is much smaller compared to the number of refugees needing shelter. And also, if you make refugees saty in their deprived areas what do you think is going to happen?, they will either die or form their own gangs to fight making the cycle worse.

few are real refugees most are economic migrants
Like you ignore the fact Britain created the slave trade?

Totally incorrect. Egyptians had a slave trade, Arabians had a slave trade for most of history slaves existed in many different places with Britain not being first.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Totally incorrect. Egyptians had a slave trade, Arabians had a slave trade for most of history slaves existed in many different places with Britain not being first.

Not incorrect at all. The slavery we think of today most, is the trade triangle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending