The Student Room Group

Should I take my R.O.A with me for an interview?

Now, Ive had various interviews over the years for PT work and taken my R.O.A with me but Ive never really needed it, neither has the interviewee asked me for it and neither have I given it.

I had an interview at a call centre last week and it wasnt needed, I did an ICT test and answered 8 questions, and Ive got an interview on Monday also but Im not sure whether to take my ROA or not? Should I just incase?

Also, ok, I had a job interview at a well known call centre.

I go down, pass an IT test then a one on one interview which went well, but Im not overly confident as I was told they'd ring me back within a week or something but other people have got the jobs at the interview.

And also, with Uni done for the summer, I'd hoped to do full time, but as Im returning to Uni in September, the guy told me I could ONLY do part time, not even able to do full time training/shifts for 3 months then go part time when I return to Uni. I didnt get this job as they couldnt offer me a position at this time whatever that means.

I spoke to a mate of mine, who said that I should have said that Id left education, got a F/T job then changed it to P/T in the summer and say Im going back to education but I didnt think about this in the beginning and there's another call centre that I may apply at, should I do what my mate advised? Say Im not in education, then get a FT role then change to PT when I go back in Sept?

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

:-)
Reply 1
No, they only tend to do things like that for high-powered jobs, when they ask you to take along proof of your qualifications. You're not at that stage so its a waste of time taking it.
I don't know a single person who has been asked for their record of achievement at interview. Seems like it is yet another government funded waste of time.
Reply 3
Ive never been asked for mine, even when I had just finished college at age 17/18 and was looking for a full time job

I was actually quite embarassed taking it with me at one point, as no one else at the interviews had even bothered to bring theirs!!!
Reply 4
ChemistBoy
I don't know a single person who has been asked for their record of achievement at interview. Seems like it is yet another government funded waste of time.

Never heard of it tbh.
Reply 5
yeah what is ROA? is it that silly folder with your school reports/results in it?
Reply 6
aqfrenzy
yeah what is ROA? is it that silly folder with your school reports/results in it?

Yup, and with certificates etc. For notice, I didnt take it to my interview, wasnt needed but not overly confident of being successful for the job...
take your certs, if needed, in a nice black folder from staples - not the red ROA you get fro mschool
Howard
Never heard of it tbh.

1) They didnt have it in your day
2) You didn't achieve much at school (tho they still gave them out to all the layabouts at mine :rolleyes: )

Latest

Trending

Trending