The Student Room Group

as levels

my exams are in 3 weeks and i havent revised all year. Im fairly smart is it possible to pass? theyre as level biology history and philosophy and ethics... or should i pull out of taking them? i have severe depression so they would probs let me
Original post by neodarwinian
my exams are in 3 weeks and i havent revised all year. Im fairly smart is it possible to pass? theyre as level biology history and philosophy and ethics... or should i pull out of taking them? i have severe depression so they would probs let me

Don't pull out! Revise as much as you can within the 3 weeks, but ONLY if you think you can manage it with your depression. Even if you get all Es - that's UCAS points towards uni if you're planning on going :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by emiloujess
Don't pull out! Revise as much as you can within the 3 weeks, but ONLY if you think you can manage it with your depression. Even if you get all Es - that's UCAS points towards uni if you're planning on going :smile:

Okay thankyou for the answer!! But E's wont unis see that as fails?
May as well give it a gho - the worst that can happen is you fail, and its better to have tried, otherwise youll never know.
I'm in a similar situation (wanted to retake since Dec to change my subjects so was too demotivated and depressed to revise) and if my mum allows me to drop out for the year, I most likely will.
Okay thankyou for the answer!! But E's wont unis see that as fails?

Well technically it is but most unis won't mind especially with different subjects... the only time they really mind is if you have taken AS and A2 before (I asked various unis)... I got EEUU at AS and had to repeat with slightly different subjects and still managed to get offers from Birmingham and Cardiff so I wouldn't worry too much about it :smile:

If you're as bright as you say you can still get A's in 3 weeks. Have no fear, many have done it before. Just come up with a system of studying BEFORE you start. Plan what (ie the source material, the simplest + most thorough source is best), when (specify the amount of days you will spend on each subject to ensure you finish in a timely fashion) and how (the way you're going to study either by deep understanding learning of just plain old cramming with little knowledge and past papers).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest