The Student Room Group

GCSEs

If I start revising now am I really going to go from a C to an A in a month for triple science + maths?

Scroll to see replies

How long are you planing to revise for (per day)?
Reply 2
Original post by Sir_Muktadir
How long are you planing to revise for (per day)?

1 hour? OR more?
Yes...the real question is the one the user posted above me. If you do four to five hours a day then it is possible. And I mean 4-5 hours of efficient revision. If not, you are doomed. It is not sensible to leave revision for such an important set of exams THIS late.
Original post by _Xenon_
1 hour? OR more?

That is a joke. One hour a day will guarantee you a C. Not an A. Wake up please. The difference between a C grade and an A grade student is immense.
Reply 5
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
That is a joke. One hour a day will guarantee you a C. Not an A. Wake up please. The difference between a C grade and an A grade student is immense.

I'm already a grade C though, close to a B.
Please advise me though as I've no idea but I really want to get an A. :wink:
Original post by _Xenon_
If I start revising now am I really going to go from a C to an A in a month for triple science + maths?

What did u get in your mock exams ?
Original post by _Xenon_
I'm already a grade C though, close to a B.
Please advise me though as I've no idea but I really want to get an A. :wink:

I am advising you to get off TSR and begin at LEAST four hours of revision daily. I am sorry but you cannot expect to achieve an A grade with an hour a day of revisions. Others may tell you it is possible but that means they are not aware of how difficult it can be to move two grades up in a matter of weeks. Do not be fooled. Use youtube videos and textbooks and LEAVE TSR. You have NO time left.
Reply 8
Original post by Waveyalex
What did u get in your mock exams ?

Chemistry - B
Physics - C
Biology - C
Maths - C +
Yes...the real question is the one the user posted above me. If you do four to five hours a day then it is possible. And I mean 4-5 hours of efficient revision. If not, you are doomed. It is not sensible to leave revision for such an important set of exams THIS late.

4-5 hours a day? For GCSE? :eek:
Original post by _Xenon_
Chemistry - B
Physics - C
Biology - C
Maths - C +

My skl does weekly maths mocks does yours ? Also Whens your first exam in general ?
Original post by milliethemoo
4-5 hours a day? For GCSE? :eek:

Had OP started revisions a few months ago that would most certainly NOT be the case. Leaving it until three weeks before examinations commence? Then 4-5 hours a day is definitely required. If the motivation to achieve excellent examination results is there, revising 4-5 hours a day is not something difficult to do.
Reply 12
I am advising you to get off TSR and begin at LEAST four hours of revision daily. I am sorry but you cannot expect to achieve an A grade with an hour a day of revisions. Others may tell you it is possible but that means they are not aware of how difficult it can be to move two grades up in a matter of weeks. Do not be fooled. Use youtube videos and textbooks and LEAVE TSR. You have NO time left.

OK thanks! Do I start from the beginning and learn the content as fast as possible then do past papers? OR should I just quickly skim over the content for a couple of hours (2-3) then start past papers?

I have B1 Biology on 17th May. (How many hours per day on B1?)
Then C1 Chemistry 19th May (Hours/day?)
Then P1 Physics 25th May (Hours/day?)
Maths on 26th May (Hours?)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
My skl does weekly maths mocks does yours ? Also Whens your first exam in general ?

Nope we don't do that. First exam is 17th May.
Original post by _Xenon_
Nope we don't do that. First exam is 17th May.

What board u with for maths mines edexcel.
Reply 15
What board u with for maths mines edexcel.

It's Edexcel but it is the IGCSE.
Original post by _Xenon_
OK thanks! Do I start from the beginning and learn the content as fast as possible then do past papers? OR should I just quickly skim over the content for a couple of hours (2-3) then start past papers?

I have B1 Biology on 17th May. (How many hours per day on B1?)
Then C1 Chemistry 19th May (Hours/day?)
Then P1 Physics 25th May (Hours/day?)

I suggest you try to learn all the content for the sciences first of course considering how close your examinations are. Try to finish EVERYTHING by Wednesday and then begin past papers. Mark them yourself and memorise the correct answer. Then after you have completed all papers and corrected them, redo them starting from the first paper you have. This way you can see if you have remembered the correct answer for the question(s) you have answered incorrectly.
Original post by _Xenon_
It's Edexcel but it is the IGCSE.

Oh ok but bro u need to knuckle down hard but do as much past papers as possible and get ur teachers to mark it,past papers even Ive seen myself have been the key to me going from a c at the start of the year and now im at A*.
Reply 18
I suggest you try to learn all the content for the sciences first of course considering how close your examinations are. Try to finish EVERYTHING by Wednesday and then begin past papers. Mark them yourself and memorise the correct answer. Then after you have completed all papers and corrected them, redo them starting from the first paper you have. This way you can see if you have remembered the correct answer for the question(s) you have answered incorrectly.

You mean cover the whole of triple science by Wednesday? (9 units?)
Actually I think maybe I should revise unit 1 only first because my unit 2 and 3 science exams are from 10th June. Then during May half term I can cover the rest of that content.

So before May half term I'll focus on my Maths and my unit 1 science. Is that a good plan?
(Unit 1 Chemistry, Physics and Biology by Wednesday) and then start past papers. For Maths should I use my last hour for learning topics I don't know then 2 weeks before my exam start doing loads of past papers. Is that a good idea?

Thanks so much for helping me with this. You've made me believe in myself and think it's possible. :smile:
Reply 19
Oh ok but bro u need to knuckle down hard but do as much past papers as possible and get ur teachers to mark it,past papers even Ive seen myself have been the key to me going from a c at the start of the year and now im at A*.

Hi when should I start past papers? Now? Is it a good idea to do past papers and then the topics I don't know to learn them properly and to then continue the past papers. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest