The Student Room Group

Computer Science OCR Controlled asessment

I need a lot of help with my OCR GCSE coursework for Computer science. Is anyone willing to help - i post a list of questions below. Grateful -

1. Often, a web designer wants a change to happen when a user clicks on a screen object or moves the mouse over it. JavaScript can make changes to the HTML elements.
Enter and run this script. <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <body> <h1>Change an HTML element</h1> <p id="msg">Now you see me.</p> <button type="button" onclick="document.getElementById('msg').innerHTML = 'Gone!'"> Click Me!</button> <button type="button" onclick="document.getElementById('msg').innerHTML = 'Back again!'"> Bring me back!</button> </body> </html> (i) Explain how you ran this script. (ii) Explain what each line of the script does.
A452 Jun17© OCR 2015
Oxford Cambridge and RSA
Copyright Information OCR is committed to seeking permission to reproduce all third-party content that it uses in its assessment materials. OCR has attempted to identify and contact all copyright holders whose work is used in this paper. To avoid the issue of disclosure of answer-related information to candidates, all copyright acknowledgements are reproduced in the OCR Copyright Acknowledgements Booklet. This is produced for each series of examinations and is freely available to download from our public website (www.ocr.org.uk) after the live examination series. If OCR has unwittingly failed to correctly acknowledge or clear any third-party content in this assessment material, OCR will be happy to correct its mistake at the earliest possible opportunity. For queries or further information please contact the Copyright Team, First Floor, 9 Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1GE. OCR is part of the Cambridge Assessment Group; Cambridge Assessment is the brand name of University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES), which is itself a department of the University of Cambridge.
2. As is the case with most programming languages, in JavaScript you can use arrays in order to store multiple values under the same identifier.
For example, an array of products can be set up as below for use on an ecommerce web site. var products = ["Printer","Tablet","Router"]; (i) Set up an array to include the items shown above, plus a few extras of your choice. (ii) Write a script that: outputs the items in alphabetical order counts the number of items in the array.
In each case, plan, implement, test and demonstrate the scripts.
3. Changes made to HTML elements such as images can be useful when producing animations.
It is possible to display a traffic light sequence on a web page. When the button ‘Change lights’ is clicked, the lights change according to the sequence.
Change lights
(i) Make a list of assets that will be required in order to produce this display. (ii) Describe and explain where the assets will be best located. (iii) Describe the structure of an array that could be used to handle the traffic light sequence. (iv) Write a script that uses the array described in part (iii) to produce an animation of a set of traffic lights such that the lights change in the standard sequence each time the button is clicked.
4. Change the animation script so that the sequence of lights is displayed automatically on a timed basis without user input.
5. Scripts can be embedded in the HTML of web pages or saved externally as script files. Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of each approach.
Oh i'm still starting- i find it quite difficult
Reply 2
help im stuck too. did you get anything
Reply 3
balls
Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Did you really post your A452 coursework task on here and expected people to do it for you?
Reply 6
Original post by s4b3rt00th
Did you really post your A452 coursework task on here and expected people to do it for you?

Why wouldn't he? You're very quick when it comes to spoon feeding people, I might as well post my EPQ task here for you to complete.
Original post by Aklaol
Why wouldn't he? You're very quick when it comes to spoon feeding people, I might as well post my EPQ task here for you to complete.

Is that even allowed? We were told not to share the questions or our answers on the internet. (A452 OCR Computing)
Reply 8
Original post by _Jek_
Is that even allowed? We were told not to share the questions or our answers on the internet. (A452 OCR Computing)

Of course it isn't allowed, but evidently people are morons.
LOL if someone "assists" him with it, please PM me with the assistance as well. Though I doubt this topic will get removed, just incase.
looollll the CAs for OCR Computing are so easy - and anyway, the majority of the marks are for how well you write up about it, not the program itself.
done

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending