The Student Room Group

AQA AS Classical Civilisation

In dire need of some help regarding my Classics AS this summer.

I'm currently studying two units in Classics: Women in Ancient Athens and Rome, and Roman Architecture. However, my teacher has been away with illness for more than 10 weeks so the entire class is behind on work - particularly worrying, considering how close the exams are.

I was just wondering whether anyone had any notes on these two topics, or any links to online resources. Currently, the past papers and JSTOR are my go to sources of info, but they can only help so much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.
Original post by Anna98uk

I'm currently studying two units in Classics: Women in Ancient Athens and Rome, and Roman Architecture. However, my teacher has been away with illness for more than 10 weeks so the entire class is behind on work - particularly worrying, considering how close the exams are.

I was just wondering whether anyone had any notes on these two topics, or any links to online resources. Currently, the past papers and JSTOR are my go to sources of info, but they can only help so much.

Thanks.

Please you someone anyone help me with my GCSE question you've done it before so you can help right? Please check my account

Thanks.

I'm on the OCR board, and doing 2 literature units, so I'm sorry I can't be of much help. You may have already done this, but have you used the syllabus to check exactly what you need to know and then check the mark schemes of past papers to see the recommended answers? I'm a private candidate, and it's been incredibly helpful to just grab information they give in the mark schemes.

Hope this helps!

Thanks.

Hi! Here are some of TSR's online resources on AQA Classics, made by other students. Hope this helps and good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by roarchika
I'm on the OCR board, and doing 2 literature units, so I'm sorry I can't be of much help. You may have already done this, but have you used the syllabus to check exactly what you need to know and then check the mark schemes of past papers to see the recommended answers? I'm a private candidate, and it's been incredibly helpful to just grab information they give in the mark schemes.

Hope this helps!

Hey, the AQA syllabus isn't exstenive but the Teacher's Resource Bank is great! I also use mark schemes - my teacher hasn't actualy taught us the course, but just written up everything on the mark schemes and told us to learn it. How do you find the Literature topics? I would much prefer them. Thanks for your help x
Hey, the AQA syllabus isn't exstenive but the Teacher's Resource Bank is great! I also use mark schemes - my teacher hasn't actualy taught us the course, but just written up everything on the mark schemes and told us to learn it. How do you find the Literature topics? I would much prefer them. Thanks for your help x

Wow, that's a pretty annoying-sounding teacher >-< the literature topics are great! Vast, really vast (over 300 pages of text vast), but super interesting, although there's only so much revision one can do, which is a little unnerving!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending