Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Anglia Ruskin or Westminster?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

So I am currently studying at college on an access to HE in business management course and I am near the end (only a few months left) until I finish.

I have applied for 5 university's and the main two that I am interested in is west minister and Anglia Ruskin (Chelmsford Campus) But I am stuck on which one to take my first choice and second choice.

The reason for this is that I am not actually guaranteed a place at west minister but I am most likely guaranteed a place at Anglia Ruskin and I know that if I don' pick Anglia Ruskin and my first choice that I may not be able to apply for accommodation and it may be rejected.

I want your opinion on how good each university is from the material and the teachers to social life and night life and which one is the best for somebody who is 19 and wants to live in a good environment and have a good social life but at the same time wants to study at a good university with good teachers. I have until the 4th May to accept my choices.

If I pick west minister there is a 50% chance I may not get the grades and this may leave me with no accommodation for Anglia Ruskin and I am not too sure about the west minister environment and how good the night life is.

I've moved this thread to our business and management sub-forum, where it's more likely to be seen by someone with experience of the course. If you're more generally interested in the uni environment/night life at either uni, I would suggest starting a thread in that universities sub-forum.

I would say that you should try not to be swayed by the accommodation side of things- even if you don't get a place in halls, you will find somewhere to live, whereas you may regret not firming Westminster if you do end up getting the grades.

Anglia Ruskin is way better from an academic perspective.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.