The Student Room Group

HL Maths getting a 5 but getting a 7 in Further Maths - Can I apply to LSE Economics?

Hi guys,

I had a really bad teacher for HL Maths and ended up just not giving in much effort at all and got some really shitty scores - not blaming the teacher here, I should've been more responsible for my education. I've asked if theres any way I can get a predicted 7 from here (I have a year and a bit left) but obviously its a bit of a stretch. On the other hand, I also take further maths (as a 7th subject) and have gotten a 7, hoping to take to final exam as well because I do actually quite like Maths.

I really want to apply to LSE for Economics, but I don't know if I can with these scores... any advice on whether I can get an offer or how I can improve my chances from here?

Thanks!
Original post by Katochi
Hi guys,

I had a really bad teacher for HL Maths and ended up just not giving in much effort at all and got some really shitty scores - not blaming the teacher here, I should've been more responsible for my education. I've asked if theres any way I can get a predicted 7 from here (I have a year and a bit left) but obviously its a bit of a stretch. On the other hand, I also take further maths (as a 7th subject) and have gotten a 7, hoping to take to final exam as well because I do actually quite like Maths.

I really want to apply to LSE for Economics, but I don't know if I can with these scores... any advice on whether I can get an offer or how I can improve my chances from here?

Thanks!

Apply for joint honours.
Reply 2
Original post by Aceadria
Apply for joint honours.

all the joint honours with Econ as the main component require a 7 in HL Maths i think
Original post by Katochi
all the joint honours with Econ as the main component require a 7 in HL Maths i think

LSE
International Baccalaureate: Diploma with 37 points including 6 6 6 at Higher level (to include Mathematics)

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/DegreeProgrammes2016/economicHistory/VL31_BSc_EcEcH.aspx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending