The Student Room Group

Has anyone tried the Gojimo app?

Hey guys! :h:

I hope revision is going smoothly for you all, it's a tough time for everyone but before we know it, it'll all be over and we can enjoy a well rested summer :biggrin: With revision at its peak, I was wondering if any of you have tried out the Gojimo Tutor app?

For those of you who don't know what it is and haven't come across it before, it's a handy app which can be used both online and on your phone/tablet (available on both the App Store and Google play) so you can live chat with tutors if you're in need of a bit of help with your revision or homework.

It can be used for several qualifications such as GCSEs, A Levels, the IB, IGCSEs, Common Entrance as well as international qualifications like the Junior Certificate (Ireland), the SATs (US), and the Matric (SA). Revision is most people's main focus right now, so it seems like it could be a very useful tool! :yep:

The one-to-one support via instant messaging could be particularly helpful if you need some advice or help understanding a particular topic :biggrin: There are also quizzes available in a variety of subjects if you want to test your knowledge.

For those of you who have used it, what is your opinion of this app? Does it aid your revision well? Would you recommend it to others who need a little help with their studies? For those of you who haven't tried it out, why not give it a go now? Let us know what you think of it if you do :smile:

Thank you in advance for your feedback! :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
does it cost or have any in-app purchases?
you need to confirm the app with a PHONE which I don't have currently. so I can't use it (cri)
Original post by Changing Skies

I hope revision is going smoothly for you all, it's a tough time for everyone but before we know it, it'll all be over and we can enjoy a well rested summer :biggrin: With revision at its peak, I was wondering if any of you have tried out the Gojimo Tutor app?

For those of you who don't know what it is and haven't come across it before, it's a handy app which can be used both online and on your phone/tablet (available on both the App Store and Google play) so you can live chat with tutors if you're in need of a bit of help with your revision or homework.

It can be used for several qualifications such as GCSEs, A Levels, the IB, IGCSEs, Common Entrance as well as international qualifications like the Junior Certificate (Ireland), the SATs (US), and the Matric (SA). Revision is most people's main focus right now, so it seems like it could be a very useful tool! :yep:

The one-to-one support via instant messaging could be particularly helpful if you need some advice or help understanding a particular topic :biggrin: There are also quizzes available in a variety of subjects if you want to test your knowledge.

For those of you who have used it, what is your opinion of this app? Does it aid your revision well? Would you recommend it to others who need a little help with their studies? For those of you who haven't tried it out, why not give it a go now? Let us know what you think of it if you do :smile:

I used to use this app :biggrin:
Personally, I didn't find it useful as you can't distinguish between exam boards, so some of the content was completely irrelevant...
Reply 5
Yes i use it and i find it really helpful :biggrin:it helps you understand which topics you need to revise for more and it gives you an explanation when you get an answer wrong
Reply 6
Original post by sfaraj
does it cost or have any in-app purchases?

Hi there, I'm Julia from Gojimo. We have two apps you can try. Our revision app Gojimo is totally free and contains quizzes for GCSE and A Level plus lots of other exams. Free app, free quizzes

Gojimo Tutor is our new app which offers support via instant messaging. You can get a free 60 minute trial when you sign up.
Reply 7
Original post by JenniMusic
Personally, I didn't find it useful as you can't distinguish between exam boards, so some of the content was completely irrelevant...

Hi JenniMusic, I'm Julia from Gojimo. Just to let you know we have added loads of new subjects and you can now pick by exam board too, in case that helps you.
Reply 8
Original post by Gojimo
Hi JenniMusic, I'm Julia from Gojimo. Just to let you know we have added loads of new subjects and you can now pick by exam board too, in case that helps you.

I only stopped using it because they have irrelevant content!
For example, in GCSE AQA Biology for some topics it tests you on stuff you don't need to know on the AQA syllabus such as lymphocytes and phagocytes.
I've had the original Gojimo app for quite a while now. Once you get it working (which takes quite a lot of patience!) then I find it works well although of course there's always more subjects that could be added. The most difficult thing will be to see if they manage to adapt for the new GCSEs etc. I haven't tried the Tutor app yet, mostly because there's no space on my tablet lol so I can't judge that.
I'd be interested to see the subjects/exam boards that they plan to get out as there's subjects such as electronic products that there simply isn't much revision content out there for and I think it would be very popular if that was released. :smile:
I have started using it recently for my GCSEs. I think it is a very good app at the moment, but it can be improved a lot too. One thing is that a larger variety of questions may be added, as I sometimes find myself memorising the answer without knowing fully how I got to that answer. This is mainly in the sciences.
I haven't used it too much for humanities subjects or English, but it is difficult to have a quiz for all humanities subjects and English, as they aren't based on 1 mark questions with short answers.

It is a bit slow sometimes, and all my progress reset the other day. However, it is still a good app, recommended for anyone that procrastinates on their phone a lot, as it has helped me be more productive on my phone whilst bored, or on the way to and from school.
Original post by _Xenon_
I only stopped using it because they have irrelevant content!
For example, in GCSE AQA Biology for some topics it tests you on stuff you don't need to know on the AQA syllabus such as lymphocytes and phagocytes.

Isn't that very briefly covered in B1?

Original post by Gojimo

Thanks.
Original post by Changing Skies

The app sucked hard when i used it back in 2015 since it came out pretty recently and the download count was 10 when i first downloaded it too so by that time the questions there were limited and it wasn't very good.

However now is a different story, i haven't tried it now but i wonder what it's like currently
One of the criticisms I have for the app is that some of the answers were wrong. For example, in the GCSE AQA Biology (unit one I think), I am pretty sure that the useful product in respiration is energy not water...
Is Gojimo Tutor available for use on PC (or if not, when will it be available on PC or Android tablet)? @Gojimo

Quick Reply

Latest