The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Music 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by student9977
I did Bernstein and Schoenberg too and then the one about melody and rhythm...I thought the essay section was pretty nice but the listening section was horrible!

Question 2 in section A was really hard...what did everyone put for composer/date?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you think about melodic dictation?
Reply 41
For the Cadence, I put Perfect in A major, then for the next key I put F#m and then E major. For the chord I put Augmented 6th but it is probably wrong, my friend put dim 7th, but tbh, it's only one mark.
Original post by eeyore_17
Was it definitely Mozart? I put him but wasn't sure!

Yes it definitely was! I just Googled Mozart string quartet 1789 and found his 21st string quartet, which was the one used for our exam.
Original post by OllieDavies
Yes it definitely was! I just Googled Mozart string quartet 1789 and found his 21st string quartet, which was the one used for our exam.

You have actually made my day 😂 😂
Original post by Freyaip
What did people get as answers for the comparison?
The accompanying instrument
Forces/texture
Differing features of rhythm and metre?

Accompanying instrument I think accordion

Forces texture, monophonic at start,melody dominating homophony, pedal note can't remember what instruments
Original post by eeyore_17
What did you think about melodic dictation?

I thought it was a really hard part of the excerpt to give actually because there were a lot of parts playing at once...think I might have got the rhythm but messed up on a lot of the pitches. Needed it a couple more times! What about you?
Original post by feebs97
For the Cadence, I put Perfect in A major, then for the next key I put F#m and then E major. For the chord I put Augmented 6th but it is probably wrong, my friend put dim 7th, but tbh, it's only one mark.

Think I did the same for the keys and cadence (note sure) for the chord I put neopolitan 6th but it was a complete guess!!
Original post by Freyaip
Yeah I got accordion as well, monophonic at beginning, then homophonic and also that there was a counter melody (but not sure if it's right) then forces I got bagpipes, flute and then drum but didn't know what type.
I had no idea what to write for the rhythm and metre question, think I just put a was duple, b was triple b was more sustained and a had cross rhythms but I was guessing tbh

I think I put one had a varying time signature? But yeah I put one was in compound and the other simple time.. But I can't remember which way round they were! Oh I also said one had a faster tempo, but literally just made stuff up haha!
sorry anxious mother alert......did you guys all do ok in your a level music, my daughter was predicted an A* but did badly in unit 5, the whole class has been sent for a remark, anyone else had this problem?
Original post by warbis66
sorry anxious mother alert......did you guys all do ok in your a level music, my daughter was predicted an A* but did badly in unit 5, the whole class has been sent for a remark, anyone else had this problem?

I asked for remarks for Unit 4 and 5 too, so yeah im sure your daughter was not the only one :smile:
Have u had it back
Original post by warbis66
Have u had it back
good luck if waiting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending