The Student Room Group

Ken Livingstone destroyed by Andrew Neil live on air

Incredible scenes. This YouTube video only covers part of it, the thrashing continues as they Nick Clegg and Jo Coburn then tag team him, then they invite John Mann (who confronted Livingstone in the corridors of the BBC) to wipe the floor with him.

If you want to see the whole thing, go to iPlayer and watch BBC2 live (you can rewind to watch Daily Politics)

[video="youtube;8XeDECluDCg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XeDECluDCg[/video]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeastOfSyracuse
Incredible scenes. This YouTube video only covers part of it, the thrashing continues as they Nick Clegg and Jo Coburn then tag team him, then they invite John Mann (who confronted Livingstone in the corridors of the BBC) to wipe the floor with him.

If you want to see the whole thing, go to iPlayer and watch BBC2 live (you can rewind to watch Daily Politics)

[video="youtube;8XeDECluDCg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XeDECluDCg[/video]

whats the car crash in the video title means?
Reply 2
Brilliant.

"I've never heard of any antisemitism"

*gets shown antisemitic comment*

"So there is antisemitism in the party?"

"no I've never heard of any antisemitism in the party"

Andrew Neil is brilliant at his craft. Livingston does not come across well here, he sounds like an apologist. Who would of thought condemning antisemitism could be so difficult.
(edited 7 years ago)
Andrew Neil - *Tries to give examples from members which are not known which he thinks are anti-Semitism*

Ken Livingstone - *Sets the record straight*

Andrew Neil - *Quickly moves on*

I don't think the British electorate actually cares about anti-Semitism.
Original post by TheArtofProtest

Ken Livingstone - *Sets the record straight*

Andrew Neil - *Quickly moves on*

What a laughable characterisation. He was completely destroyed, he repeatedly affirmed that Hitler was a Zionist in a grubby attempt to defame Zionism as some kind of Nazi article of faith.

In another interview today he said,

All my life I've been accused of anti-semitism

Now why would that be?

I don't think the British electorate actually cares about anti-Semitism.

You personally clearly don't care about it, but you shouldn't confuse your own fevered anti-semitic prejudices with the views of the general population; you are projecting. It is extremely interesting though that you think the British population is indifferent to anti-semitism.
Original post by Aj12
Brilliant.

"I've never heard of any antisemitism"

*gets shown antisemitic comment*

"So there is antisemitism in the party?"

"no I've never heard of any antisemitism in the party"

Andrew Neil is brilliant at his craft. Livingston does not come across well here, he sounds like an apologist. Who would of thought condemning antisemitism could be so difficult.

Most definitely. His mealy-mouthed justifications are disgusting. I'd encourage you to go to iPlayer to watch the whole thing, it just gets better and better.

Sadiq Khan has now called for Livingstone to be suspended, as have Chris Bryant and Jess Philips.

If he is, I don't see how Corbyn's leadership can survive; Livingstone is one of his closest allies, the man he installed in the key position of managing the foreign policy review.

It's also amazing how Livingstone continued to assert basically that Hitler was pro-Zionism.

And I agree re Andrew Neil; Livingstone was well and truly "brillo'd"
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HucktheForde
whats the car crash in the video title means?

It means the interview was a disaster for Livingstone
Genuine question. What has Livingstone said? It's all blowing up on Twitter but I'm not sure what's actually been said? I know he's been suspended.
What a laughable characterisation. He was completely destroyed, he repeatedly affirmed that Hitler was a Zionist in a grubby attempt to defame Zionism as some kind of Nazi article of faith.

Hitler was supportive of the Zionist aim of getting Jews to Palestine.

You can't deal with facts, boy.

In another interview today he said,

Now why would that be?

If you can't deal with facts, then you play the anti-Semite card.

Like you do.

You personally clearly don't care about it, but you shouldn't confuse your own fevered anti-semitic prejudices with the views of the general population; you are projecting. It is extremely interesting though that you think the British population is indifferent to anti-semitism.

I think you are over-estimating the concern the British electorate have for the Israeli state, or Jews in general.
Ken Livingstone looked like Palmyra after Mr Neil had finished with him...

X

Tbh I really can't be bothered to debate you this time. We just get more of your bigotry and deluded lies, end up spending 1269 hours going back and forth. It's a waste of my time because you're not interested in genuine debate, you're just an anti-semitic douche, so it's time to go ahead and add you to the ignore list
Reply 11
end up spending 1269 hours

:laugh:
Tbh I really can't be bothered to debate you this time. We just get more of your bigotry and deluded lies, end up spending 1269 hours going back and forth. It's a waste of my time because you're not interested in genuine debate, you're just an anti-semitic douche, so it's time to go ahead and add you to the ignore list

Let's see if you actually do or like your Zionist shills, you just talk.
Reply 13
Hilarious.
Ken "no shame" Livingstone
Naz

Appropriate name

If you can't deal with facts, then you play the anti-Semite card.

Like you do.

I think you are over-estimating the concern the British electorate have for the Israeli state, or Jews in general.

You were doing an admirable job concealing your anti-semitism until you let it slip.

"He was completely destroyed, he repeatedly affirmed that Hitler was a Zionist in a grubby attempt to defame Zionism as some kind of Nazi article of faith."

Anyone can deal with facts, you can't deal with the interpretation.

EDIT: Looking into the background of this fact, the Haavara agreement, actually makes the implication of mentioning it even more disturbing. Would appreciate the input of someone who studied history.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Unkempt_One
You were doing an admirable job concealing your anti-semitism until you let it slip.

It's a sorry state of affairs but people in this day and age are only concerned about themselves.

It's the same for any group. The politicians have us clamoring over each other because they present the treasury as having finite resources, and they sit back and watch each group in the community tear each other part in order to be the ones to receive the money.

As such, people are only concerned about themselves and only when they think they have "made it", do they start caring about other people or groups.

Tsr1269... I mean, Artof Protest... is a well known Islamist. He has this schizophrenic disposition that causes him to pretend not to be one under cover of some alternative identity, and attempt to hide his anti-semitism, but it regularly slips through.
"He was completely destroyed, he repeatedly affirmed that Hitler was a Zionist in a grubby attempt to defame Zionism as some kind of Nazi article of faith."

Anyone can deal with facts, you can't deal with the interpretation.

Hitler was supportive, albeit it may have been unwittingly, of Zionism, and it's aim of establishing a state for Jews/Israeli's.

In a way, it is good that this has caused a furore because it allows such actions to be viewed in a different light and can possibly lead to people changing their minds about certain historical events, and it's unintended consequences.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending