Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

LPC LLM funding?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I know that we can't receive SFE financing for straight LPC courses, but one of the courses offered around is an LLM LPC. However, at some institutions, you are admitted onto the straight LPC and then register for the LLM LPC when you arrive at the university.

Does this impact ability to get SFE loans before the beginning of the course?

Hi EzBreez,

If you apply for a LPC stand alone course then you will not be eligible to receive a Postgraduate Loan. But if you apply for the LLM with the LPC being part of it you will be eligible to apply. If you are registering for the LLM, you'll apply for a Postgraduate Loan for this course.

We'll make an initial assessment of your application based on the course details you give us, but we won't release any funding until we have Confirmation of Study from your university.

I'm starting MA Law with Business which includes the LPC and additional Business module that leads to a Masters qualification. Will I be able to apply for postgraduate loan?

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 13, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.