The Student Room Group

Why do white companies demand their employees write down their ethnic origin group?

Why do white companies demand their employees write down their ethnic origin group and what their orientation is. What are they going to do with that information?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by HOLA255
Why do white companies demand their employees write down their ethnic origin group and what their orientation is. What are they going to do with that information?

What is a white company?
Reply 2
"White"?
Its to show that they are meeting the equality act, at least that's what i always thought it was for.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
Its to show that they are meeting the equality act, at least that's what i always thought it was for.

This. So they can hire women/non-whites to fill their PC quotas even when those people are less able/qualified. Happens with uni applications as well. That's straight white male patriarchy for ya...
Original post by HOLA255

Think it's something to do with stats/data collection or something like that - that way they can see who's applying/getting hired I guess? From there it's probably supposedly easier to highlight if a company is being discriminatory with their hiring process.
That's not to say that it's not a flawed process, for example you can't tell someone's orientation by looking at them (or someone's ethnicity in many cases). I think there's probably some element of quota-filling in there as well.
Reply 6
Original post by Erebor
This. So they can hire women/non-whites to fill their PC quotas even when those people are less able/qualified. Happens with uni applications as well. That's straight white male patriarchy for ya...

I'm not white and I got a 1st Class Degree.
Reply 7
Original post by HOLA255

Reply 8
Original post by Erebor

I don't care if you don't care, I'm addressing what you said about non whites being less able in your comment. You're in denial.
Reply 9
Original post by erebor

loser-gif-656.jpg

:d:

:biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HOLA255

Reply 11
Original post by HOLA255
I don't care if you don't care, I'm addressing what you said about non whites being less able in your comment. You're in denial.

That's not what I meant. Some non-white groups are huge contributors in many Western companies. Remove your victim glasses and read it again.
Reply 12
Original post by Erebor
That's not what I meant. Some non-white groups are huge contributors in many Western companies. Remove your victim glasses and read it again.

What's your evidence for your claim? Name your sources or is it a figment of your bigoted imagination?
Reply 13
Original post by Daniel9998

Pervy
You can't assume much about the internet these days just lower your expectations.
Original post by HOLA255
Pervy

Reply 16
[video="youtube;8eNPAH46oI8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eNPAH46oI8[/video]

Reply 17

You changed sex now.
Original post by HOLA255
You changed sex now.

To be fair, he didn't say that non-white people were less able than white people

Quick Reply

Latest