The Student Room Group

Help with Chemicals

SO I'd been working in our chemistry lab doing functional group analysis and by mistake spilled some Bready's / Brady's reagent on my hand....

I washed my hand 10-15 mins later.
now this stain isn't going! Please someone help how to remove it?

Also I want to know that is this going to harm me in any way?? Many students have done this before. . But I just read that its . possibly carcinogenic. .
is it true? I really need Help! Thankyou.
Original post by agebfnofndbd
SO I'd been working in our chemistry lab doing functional group analysis and by mistake spilled some Bready's / Brady's reagent on my hand....

I washed my hand 10-15 mins later.
now this stain isn't going! Please someone help how to remove it?

Also I want to know that is this going to harm me in any way?? Many students have done this before. . But I just read that its . possibly carcinogenic. .
is it true? I really need Help! Thankyou.

Don't worry about it. Obviously if it starts becoming irritated and won't go away then get it checked out but it should be fine.
You will die
2, 4 DNP contains a benzene ring which is carcinogenic.
i immediately suggest that you show it to a doctor. even though, there might not be any signs or symptoms, please do check it for your own safety.
Original post by therecovery
2, 4 DNP contains a benzene ring which is carcinogenic.
i immediately suggest that you show it to a doctor. even though, there might not be any signs or symptoms, please do check it for your own safety.

Just because a molecule contains a benzene ring doesn't necessarily mean it's carcinogenic. Folic acid has a benzene ring but that's not carcinogenic, and that also goes for many other compounds with phenyl groups
If you split a bit on your hand, and washed it off you are absolutely fine. DO you honestly think the chemicals in school are enough to kill you if you spill them on your hands? Unless you ingest them (eat/drink) or bathe in them you are fine.

Quick Reply

Latest