Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

What University should I accept as my insurance to study English literature?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I'm choosing The University of Liverpool as my firm choice but I've been stuck on what to have as my insurance. It's between The University of Leicester and and LJMU:

    Choosing Leicester; 1) (imo) a better university - (especially for my course)2) Leaves me with no back up, Liverpool and Leicester both ask for ABB

    Choosing LJMU: 1) (imo) not as good of a university 2) However, gives me a 'safety net'

    Should I choose Leicester though this may be risky and go through clearing or extra? I don't mind moving away but at the same time I do actually want to go to university!

    Have you visited both universities? You're living there for 3-4 years; so it has to be somewhere you like the look of.

    Are the courses exactly the same? Whilst they may both have the same title, the course modules won't be exactly the same.
    • Thread Starter

    Yeah I've visited both and I liked both. The course titles are the exact same and they both have modules I , which is why I applied to both. However, I think I'd prefer to put Leicster, but I understand this would be risky as the entry is the same as my firm.😑
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 29, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.