The Student Room Group

Can i go from a C to an A/A* in maths in a month?

I got a C in my maths mock exam but will a month be enough? I did only revise the weekend before so its understandable but i need to get least an A, and does anyone have any tips for maths revision :smile:
You're in the exact situation I was in about January (when I got my Dec mock results back). I went from a C in December to 2 marks off an A in my March mocks. If you can prioritise Maths do it so you can spend as much time doing valuable maths revision as possible. However don't ignore other subjects if they're important (for example you want to do that subject at A level). For revision I completed past papers, marked them and revised where I lost marks. If you can get your mock papers back, do it because this (and doing past papers) will allow you to know where you went wrong (obviously) but should also help you to develop a better understanding of maths as it's not an easy subject for many. However spending 2 to 4 hours at a time revising maths is a waste of time, revise effectively by taking breaks to relieve stress and allow what you've learnt to sink in. Take whatever advice or revision sessions about maths as you can including asking your teacher when you don't understand something and going to after school sessions. I'm not going to lie but it will be difficult (unless you're good at maths) because it's quite close to the exams, but if you are really determined, you should get that A/A*. Good luck!
Original post by s.mo
I got a C in my maths mock exam but will a month be enough? I did only revise the weekend before so its understandable but I need to get least an A, and does anyone have any tips for maths revision :smile:

I'm trying to get an A as well, I got a B in my mocks and I hope I can try to attain that A grade when I do my exam on may 26th. I would say do maths revision every day it's helping me and also doing a paper a day. Practising maths is better than looking at a textbook. Also, watch youtube videos on topics you don't understand. I would draw out a list of topics and knock them off one by one.
Reply 3
I usually revise in sections since I get distracted and bored quickly, usually an hour then I take a 20 minute break. I also go to a revision session that is during registration,i tried going to an after school revision class but the teacher only goes through certain topics that she thinks the majority of people do not understand or really easy topics so i dont see the point in going and i also have to revise alot for science :cry2: since i have 6 exams for that. I think i have enough time though and alot of the same topics come up with maths so hopefully I get alot of revision done for both and history which are the only subjects i am prioritizing

Quick Reply

Latest