The Student Room Group

Asking for feedback on application to study English at Christ Church?!?!

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered before, but I really need some urgent help. I'd really like to request feedback on my unsuccessful application to study English Literature at Christ Church College, Oxford. The deadline is 30th April.

I'm not sure how to do this, and have struggled to find concrete information. I am not sure if I email or have to send a letter, if email, who do I send it to, and if postal, who do I send it to?

What do I have to include, information wise? If postal, do I need to put a self-addressed envelope with a stamp on it?

What questions do I need to ask, do I literally just say that I would like feedback?

Thank-you for all of your help!
Reply 1
Original post by RebeccaTheWhovia
x

It should be enough to email the college admissions administrator with some details about your application (UCAS number, subject... things that positively ID you as you) and a request for feedback. The feedback is unlikely to be very detailed it's usually along the lines of, "John performed well at the ELAT but her interview performance was a little weaker. Unfortunately, due to the high number of applicants per place, we have to turn down many capable applicants every year. We wish him the best of luck in his future academic endeavours."

But it's worth asking, as they might be able to clarify where things went wrong for you, should you wish to reapply. Good luck!
Original post by BJack
It should be enough to email the college admissions administrator with some details about your application (UCAS number, subject... things that positively ID you as you) and a request for feedback. The feedback is unlikely to be very detailed it's usually along the lines of, "John performed well at the ELAT but her interview performance was a little weaker. Unfortunately, due to the high number of applicants per place, we have to turn down many capable applicants every year. We wish him the best of luck in his future academic endeavours."

But it's worth asking, as they might be able to clarify where things went wrong for you, should you wish to reapply. Good luck!

Our requests come in all shapes and sizes - from one line emails to hand-written (sometimes even hand-delivered) letters.

There is a two-stage process and triggering stage one (the request for feedback) can be a simple one-liner to the admissions office: Dear College X, I'm writing to request feedback on my application to study Y. Remember to state your name, surname and UCAS number.

BUT the important thing is to submit your request by the deadline of 30th April. Christ Church have been responding to feedback requests for over four months and will probably call time once the deadline has passed.

Stage two is to request a review of the decision after receiving feedback. More details can be found here:

https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/decisions/feedback?wssl=1
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
Our requests come in all shapes and sizes - from one line emails to hand-written (sometimes even hand-delivered) letters.

There is a two-stage process and triggering stage one (the request for feedback) can be a simple one-liner to the admissions office: Dear College X, I'm writing to request feedback on my application to study Y. Remember to state your name, surname and UCAS number.

BUT the important thing is to submit your request by the deadline of 30th April. Christ Church have been responding to feedback requests for over four months and will probably call time once the deadline has passed.

Stage two is to request a review of the decision after receiving feedback. More details can be found here:

https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/decisions/feedback?wssl=1

What do you mean by requesting a "review of the decision?" Will they reconsider my application?

Quick Reply