The Student Room Group

Not doing my coursework

Basically after a year of AS I've decided to resit at a different, better college. i have the potential to do well in my subjects but a chain of events has caused my my grades to go right down to U's. This is mainly due to personal issues (basically my mental health deteriating due to stress) and the fact that my sixth form is possibly the worst in the country and has been put into special measures by Ofsted. I have had no feedback or support the entire year and have had extremely lazy teachers that have only just decided to properly begin teaching (and by teaching I mean making us take notes out of a text book) and have also randomly just told us about massive amounts of coursework we have to do that were unmentioned before. We have 2 weeks to complete this work. I have applied for and got a position at a different college. I am completely unmotivated to complete this coursework and feel it is pretty pointless. I am going to keep the UCAS points from one subject and resit the other subjects, meaning the previous UCAS from those subjects will be disregarded, not that there will be many anyway. So my question is should I do this coursework, my teachers is already very mad at me and is gonna freak out when she sees these missing pieces. Sounds like a pretty pointless question actually so: how to deal with a crazy teacher who enjoys humiliating people and making them feel worthless?
If your teachers are really that bad, don't worry about them being mad at you, do what is right for you. If anything, you should be mad at them (although don't deliberately upset them, you're still trying to get an A level out of that school). If they'd have bothered with you you wouldn't be in this position anyway. Always do what is right for you in any position like this, its your future.

Further than that, I'm not sure I could really say, but to me what your saying sounds reasonable.

Edit: so long as you do as much of the coursework for the subject you are keeping I guess. Also, not sure if you have to disclose the failed A levels on your application form (really not sure here), although if you're going to fail them anyway (hence retaking at another college) then maybe doing the coursework for a subject your definitely going to fail isn't wise? See if one of the teachers at your new college could give you some advice perhaps?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Thanks I agree with this too, and they really are bad, just extremely old fashioned and seem to think we are all still 13 years old and incapable of making decisions for ourselves. They ring my mum every time I'm in "trouble" hahaha. It's gonna be hard but I have 9 lessons left with this teacher in particular so guess I'm just gonna have to brave it, thanks for the reply.
Original post by Leafy leafy
Thanks I agree with this too, and they really are bad, just extremely old fashioned and seem to think we are all still 13 years old and incapable of making decisions for ourselves. They ring my mum every time I'm in "trouble" hahaha. It's gonna be hard but I have 9 lessons left with this teacher in particular so guess I'm just gonna have to brave it, thanks for the reply.

I guess you just have to try and get the most out of it you can while your there, it should all be at least slightly helpful for when you retake. But do try and get some advice from a proper teacher about this, its really important for your future.

Quick Reply

Latest