Is loughborough Uni boring?
Reply 1
Original post by debican
Is loughborough Uni boring?

I do not know about boring but in my opinion very overrated
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
I found it quite boring, but I think that's partly down to the kind of stuff I like to do in my spare time and the town itself, wasn't really anything to do with the university itself.

YMMV.
Not at all, the experience is centered around making the most of your time and getting stuck in. I remember what the Vice Chancellor told me on my open day, - if you're going to do your lectures go home play Xbox and go to sleep then This isn't the university for you. the amount of opportunities available outweigh many other unis. It depends on what kind of student you are, of course, but IMO there's too much on offer here for anyone to ever be bored...and yes, there's more than sport!
Loughborough University is all about what you put in. I've been here five years and know people who've loved it (and not wanted to leave, they keep coming back) and people who've hated it from day one. Of those that hated it, they've typically been the type not to engage with the huge range activities and groups on offer alongside their course. If you want to spend most weekends at home or locked in your bedroom, a buzzing campus University with a thriving hall, sports, societies/clubs and social life is probably not for you. That being said, many colleagues on my engineering degree aren't that engaged with the University 'experience' but still value the excellent industry-focused teaching and know we're getting a highly-rated degree out of it. Our employment rate from the more academic courses is staggering. There's something for anyone who wants to give to the University experience, and there's plenty more to get out of it if you do.
Reply 5
Original post by dan.leedham
Loughborough University is all about what you put in. I've been here five years and know people who've loved it (and not wanted to leave, they keep coming back) and people who've hated it from day one. Of those that hated it, they've typically been the type not to engage with the huge range activities and groups on offer alongside their course. If you want to spend most weekends at home or locked in your bedroom, a buzzing campus University with a thriving hall, sports, societies/clubs and social life is probably not for you. That being said, many colleagues on my engineering degree aren't that engaged with the University 'experience' but still value the excellent industry-focused teaching and know we're getting a highly-rated degree out of it. Our employment rate from the more academic courses is staggering. There's something for anyone who wants to give to the University experience, and there's plenty more to get out of it if you do.

I couldn’t agree more with Dan.
Loughborough is a Top 10 University with superb teaching andfacilities. Some people very much do come here purely to focus on their degree (I don't blame them, but they are missing out).Loughborough is home to the UK’s award winning student experience and it certainly isn’t boring. Thereare so many opportunities for you to be involved in, day time activities to nights out, youjust need to make the most of them (in my eyes there isn’t enough time).

This weekend we’ve had great weather often when I thinkLoughborough is at its best. Walking round the campus/town I have seen hundredsof BBQs, societies/sports teams and the nightlife is always buzzing.

Loughborough is different to other universities no doubt. It’snot a city but I would hands down rather go to Loughborough than anyUniversities my friends go to.

Get involved make the most of your time here and you willlove it.

Hope this help reassure your initial concerns.

Quick Reply

Latest