The Student Room Group

Anglia Ruskin v Coventry uni

Hey, I've been offered Bachelors in Mech Engineering at Anglia Ruskin University. So I want to know whether it is a good uni to study Mechanical engineering. The rankings vary on every site but the university's official site has stated that the department of mechanical engineering is ranked 16th in the UK.
Can any student share their experiences?
Reply 1
Short answer, no, Anglia Ruskin is not good for engineering. I would suggest you consider another university.

Otherwise do a bachelor there and do an MSc elsewhere.
For mech eng they're 16th by the Guardian but 64th by CUG, the latter tends to be more reliable. Looking at the Anglia Ruskin modules, they don't seem like a very well planned set for a mechanical degree, no thermofluids and most of the third year modules are covered in first and second year at other unis.
Reply 3
I intend to specialize in robotics so I want to know which uni is good for that and also can I pursue bachelor's in science and then do masters in robotics?
Original post by Mosuna
I intend to specialize in robotics so I want to know which uni is good for that and also can I pursue bachelor's in science and then do masters in robotics?

Depends if you're more interested in the mechatronics side of the artificial intelligence side.
Reply 5
How is Coventry university? I had applied for mechanical but instead they offered me some kind of mixed engineering( mechanical and electrical) as I didn't meet the requirement.
Reply 6
Original post by Mosuna
How is Coventry university? I had applied for mechanical but instead they offered me some kind of mixed engineering( mechanical and electrical) as I didn't meet the requirement.

Check the modules, and also, for any engineering course, check if it's accredited.

And for robotics I would think you would want more electronics than electrical.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending