The Student Room Group

Choose chemistry ? Or nah

Hello !

I'm confused if I should do AS-Level chemistry or history >< (Edexcel board)
Chem : I haven't done before (but because there are some in bio I found it interesting)
History: Haven't done before (it's boring)
I'm not that good in math so would it effect me if I take chemistry without a good background in maths? (how much would I need to know)
Which is better / slightly easier ? Chemistry or History?
(edited 7 years ago)
Both are great subjects! However, when it comes to A-levels you need to be careful when it comes to picking your subjects. I believe when it comes to picking subjects - it should be related to what course you want to do at university, how much you enjoy it and how much you genuinely want to study it. Chemistry does involve maths but if you're willing to put the work and practice into it then there shouldn't be a problem. I study History and if you find it boring then I would not pick it at all. You should look into the sixth form/ college that you're going to and see what they're studying for history and research on it. Then, I guess, you can state whether you'll like it or not. Once again, be careful when it comes to sciences - I thought I liked Biology, I picked it for A-Levels and ended up dropping it because I detested it.

For me, Chemistry is significantly harder but it differs between everyone.

Quick Reply

Latest