Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Changing university in 2nd year - how to apply for the loan?

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter


    I am about to finish my first year at university and I have applied to transfer to a different institution starting 2nd year to continue my studies there. How do I go about applying for student loan for the next year? Should I apply as a new student or use EUPR1a form? What's the deadline for application in both cases?

    Thank you

    Hi Bronka

    If the university can send us a transfer, please apply as a returning/continuing student. If they can't send this and withdraw you from the original course, you will need to apply as a new student. There is no deadline at present for EU students but please apply as soon as possible to ensure any funding will be paid on time.

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 29, 2016
Would you rather find
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.