Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Warwick, Leeds or TCD?

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

Hi everyone, it really is not an easy decision to make so I'm asking for advice here!

Though obtained an LLB degree,my undergraduate study was the more on the theory of criminal investigation, not law. When it came clear that I could not join the police force as I expected, I decide to further my study, say, attend an LLM program to broaden my career option.

I recently got offers(or con offers) from TCD (masters in law), Leeds(international legal studies) and Warwick(advanced legal studies) and is now having a hard time considering which to choose...

I've been to Ireland before, studied there for a whole year as exchange student and I love the country, though lived in Cork I went to Dublin several times and thought it's absolutely beautiful. But the thing is, I've already been to that country before, is it better to try somewhere new, form new experience?

Secondly, about the academic aspect, I know Warwick has a wonderful overall ranking but law is not its strong point and, I don't know if it's right or wrong,when thinking about law, I tend to think those old and traditional universities (red brick like Leeds or 400 hundred years old like TCD)would do better.

Then about the price, Warwick is considerably more expensive then those two, Leeds is in the middle and TCD is the cheapest (I'm non EU, the exchange rate difference between GBP and Euro means that though TCD and Warwick share the same figure in tuition fee, TCD is about 20% cheaper)

Finally other stuff, I saw some comment about Warwick's weak point is that it is “in the middle of nowhere”, that won't be an issue for me, I'm not attached to crowded big cities(now live in one of the most crowded). The good thing about Warwick and Leeds is that it won't be difficult to find student accommodation, TCD this year only offers 40 rooms for PG students and it's highly unlikely I could get one. I'm quite concerned about safety issues and I know some areas in Dublin might not be that safe. I don't know about Leeds or Warwick.

So, any advice?
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 29, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.