The Student Room Group

Deferring Application

I've decided not to go to University.
I've received all my offers, unconditional/conditional.
I would like to keep the option there for next year, so deferring my application would be the best thing to do.

How would I go about doing so?
Does this mean I can still use my PS from this years application, for next year?
I would assume this would put me in this similar situation as this year, as I wouldn't be locked into going to uni even if I defer, correct?
Original post by fr0sr_
I would like to keep the option there for next year, so deferring my application would be the best thing to do.

Does this mean I can still use my PS from this years application, for next year?
I would assume this would put me in this similar situation as this year, as I wouldn't be locked into going to uni even if I defer, correct?

Call the university and ask them if they will let you defer.
Reply 2
Original post by fr0sr_

If you defer then you don't need to re-apply next year. You already have your place.

As Carnationlilyrose said, first check if your preferred university will let you defer (it's possible they will, but you have to ask).

And if you do defer but later decide you want to reapply elsewhere you would have to give up any deferred places first.
The earlier you make this phone call the better - too many people leave this to Results Day and often at that stage the answer if a very firm No.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
x

Original post by jneill
x

Original post by returnmigrant
x

So deferring wouldn't be the right answer for someone who doesn't wish to confirm a place at a uni, for next year?
I would be looking to have the option open next year, not to be locked into one uni.

I guess I'd need to reapply in this case, correct?
Reply 5
Original post by fr0sr_
So deferring wouldn't be the right answer for someone who doesn't wish to confirm a place at a uni, for next year?
I would be looking to have the option open next year, not to be locked into one uni.

I guess I'd need to reapply in this case, correct?

Correct. You just reject your current offers. And then reapply next cycle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Correct. You just reject your current offers. And then reapply next cycle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would it be plagiarism to use the same PS?
Reply 7
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Would it be plagiarism to use the same PS?

Nope. You can't plagiarise yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest