The Student Room Group

Edexcel Applied ICT Unit 3

The pre-release is out! Looks fairly straight forward, any thoughts on what the formulae will be?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by abasuita
The pre-release is out! Looks fairly straight forward, any thoughts on what the formulae will be?

Not a clue but it does look harder than previous years :frown:
i'd like to be the first to say that as this one looks so hard, I miss the truckles. What cute saxophone playing fish those were. :blow:
(edited 7 years ago)
Is it possible if you can post the pre-release data files on here? Thank you.
please can someone post the files on here, i don't have access to the link username and password so can't get them. Im sure i won't be the only one to ask... the wait has been killing me
what does everyone think about the pre-release? is it straight forward, any predictions what the formulas might be?
Looks very vague? anyone have a model of any draft 1 solutions????
Original post by chloexdownes
please can someone post the files on here, i don't have access to the link username and password so can't get them. Im sure i won't be the only one to ask... the wait has been killing me

Here you go :smile:
Wow. This year is quite tough. Thanks for the files ^

Any ideas?

I WANT TRUCKLES BACK! :'(
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks for the files! :smile:

Yeah, it does seem quite difficult.
Reply 10
has anyone figured out the formula for tide start/ end, depth in/out and clearance in/out. they are quite difficult to figure out:confused::confused:
Original post by Areefa
has anyone figured out the formula for tide start/ end, depth in/out and clearance in/out. they are quite difficult to figure out:confused::confused:

no not yet, i've looked at the scenario and it's actually not that difficult to get your head around. Probably sometime today i'll workout what formulas that may be appropriate to implement.
The spreadsheet is so short this year its almost certain theres gonna be extra sheets added in the exam :/

I haven't really had a chance to look at it much yet but last year there was no vlookups at all, from a quick glance over it looks like we will need to use vlookups for this one.

just fyi, im sure most people have noticed this but there is two hidden sheet on the spreadsheet this year.
Original post by IMissTheTruckles
The spreadsheet is so short this year its almost certain theres gonna be extra sheets added in the exam :/

I haven't really had a chance to look at it much yet but last year there was no vlookups at all, from a quick glance over it looks like we will need to use vlookups for this one.

just fyi, im sure most people have noticed this but there is two hidden sheet on the spreadsheet this year.

what makes you think we need v look ups
Well from the little of it I've attempted you appear to need to use a vlookup for the 'Tide start' and 'Tide end' on the selection page.

unless someone thinks you're supposed to do it a different way, im open to suggestions?
Reply 15
[QUOTE="ManLikeMem;64527703"]no not yet, i've looked at the scenario and it's actually not that difficult to get your head around. Probably sometime today i'll workout what formulas that may be appropriate to implement.[/QUOTE
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Can someone please email me their solution

babaig @ hotmail . com

Many thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by abasuita

Have you got a solution you can email me and I can email mine

babaig @ hotmail . com

Cheers
Original post by iMZee
Not a clue but it does look harder than previous years :frown:

Here this iMZee guy is a right ****
I love special fried rice in my bathtub

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending