The Student Room Group

Topic lists for higher Edexcel papers

Where can I find a topic list for questions in maths papers? Some questions I'm not sure of what they're asking me to find so I guess it'll be good practice like that
Original post by TSAntidote
Where can I find a topic list for questions in maths papers? Some questions I'm not sure of what they're asking me to find so I guess it'll be good practice like that

Just do loads of past papers and then you can see the questions that come up and the ones that come up most frequently. Then if you don't know a question you can revise that topic. Any more questions let me know.
Reply 2
Original post by junayd1998
Just do loads of past papers and then you can see the questions that come up and the ones that come up most frequently. Then if you don't know a question you can revise that topic. Any more questions let me know.

Ah, I've been doing papers but my problem would be identifying the topic that I don't know. Usually the last 5 questions I wouldn't know the topic. Like in the; June 2015 non cal and the November 2013 non cal
Ah, I've been doing papers but my problem would be identifying the topic that I don't know. Usually the last 5 questions I wouldn't know the topic. Like in the; June 2015 non cal and the November 2013 non cal

Could you screenshot what you dont know? Then I could tell you
Reply 4

The exam board website will have the specification.

E.g. if you do Edexcel LInear :

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/Mathematics%20A/2010/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/UG029981_GCSE_MathsA_Spec_2012.pdf
Reply 6

1)Okay so the first one is surds and negative indices
2)Not sure what the second one comes under tbh, even i could do with someone letting me know what that comes under
3)Same with the third ^ not sure what that comes under tbh.
4)Fourth is the same as the first link lol
5)Fifth is knowing about exterior and interior angles
6)Sixth i have no idea.
Reply 8
1)Okay so the first one is surds and negative indices
2)Not sure what the second one comes under tbh, even i could do with someone letting me know what that comes under
3)Same with the third ^ not sure what that comes under tbh.
4)Fourth is the same as the first link lol
5)Fifth is knowing about exterior and interior angles
6)Sixth i have no idea.

Second is volumes and shapes/geometry. Same for the fourth. Sixth is geometry: areas.

Original post by Zacken
Second is volumes and shapes/geometry. Same for the fourth. Sixth is geometry: areas.

You mean same for the third? Fourth is the surds and negative indices
Reply 10
You mean same for the third? Fourth is the surds and negative indices

Yeah, same as third. I mixed it up because you wrote "3) same for the third^" :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest