The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Prices of living in London as a student ? :)

Are accommodation prices in east London expensive ? I was thinking of going to university in east London, The university accommodation for the first year is £125 up to 200 pounds a week however If I was to study there I would only be able to afford the £125 a week accommodation, I just wondered if anyone is a student in east London or knows how much rent would be for the second and third year living in east London round about :smile:
Original post by Becca1900
Are accommodation prices in east London expensive ? I was thinking of going to university in east London, The university accommodation for the first year is £125 up to 200 pounds a week however If I was to study there I would only be able to afford the £125 a week accommodation, I just wondered if anyone is a student in east London or knows how much rent would be for the second and third year living in east London round about :smile:

Hi Becca, it really depends on where you want to live. My accommodation is £125 a week, bills not included, but that is because I live literally a five minute walk away from QMUL campus. However, if you live a few stops away on the tube, e.g. Stratford, Leyton or Leytonstone, accommodation prices start dropping, and a number of my friends have done this. There is a lot of accommodation available, so when they time comes around make sure you have a group of friends who want the same sort of prices as you, and make sure you look around! Please let me know if you have any other questions -Sarah
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending