The Student Room Group

3 out of 4 women still don't want to pay for dates

Scroll to see replies

I have directly been affected by this, I have been told many times that the man should pay and even got dumped once due to this.

Good riddance
Reply 21
Original post by Blondie987
What? The argument here is that most people say they want gender equality but women still expect guys to pay, if anyone is 'supposed' to pay on the date it should be the person who asked the other out but there is nothing wrong with paying half on a date, it shouldn't be expected of someone based on their gender, thas the sexist idea in question

To suggest women should pay is sexist and ignorant of you. Men should be paying all the time, end of discussion. We live in 2016 where Woman actually have rights, rights to a payed date for example
Original post by shazy2014
oh I certainly wouldn't want to pay, I have quite traditional expectations of what guys should do 😊

I have quite traditional views on women, they should not have jobs only work at home and submit to me when i want. (I dont)
What you call traditional is sexist
Original post by Omen96
To suggest women should pay is sexist and ignorant of you. Men should be paying all the time, end of discussion. We live in 2016 where Woman actually have rights, rights to a payed date for example

I hope this is a joke
Original post by Omen96

Hilarious(!)
Reply 25
Original post by AperfectBalance
I hope this is a joke

So you don't think men should be paying?
society sure is disappointing - women only wanting the benefits of equality but not the bad things
go out with them.... order as much as you want...."be right back need to pop off to the loo" .....forever gone...
Original post by Omen96
So you don't think men should be paying?

No not always
I don't mind paying my share. But supposing a girl's just attracted to gentlemanly types, hmm :u:? I would pay but I still wouldn't like him anymore if he didn't at least offer, can't can't help it. :tongue:
i normally chose a location so i'll pay if she chooses the location she pays half as i am more of a £50, £100 or more each kind of guy and some women aren't so if it comes out as a £200-300 bill at a place i chose then i'll willingly pay for it but on the other hand if she chooses somewhere than i am willing to go halves
sh*t like this is getting boring
That's feminism - "equality when it suits us".
Reply 33
Original post by loveleest
sh*t like this is getting boring

I agree. If women want equality then they should foot the bill.
Original post by Omen96
Bit sexist if I'm going to be honest. Why should a women go on a date for a man if he's not willing to pay for everything?

What the hell? Why would I want my date to pay for everything? I'm perfectly capable of paying for my own share. The only people whose stuff I pay for are friends because we take it in turns depending on who has the most money at the time. Sometimes they pay, sometimes I do, sometimes we split the bill or we only pay for what we bought, only makes sense. Honestly, if I've just met the guy and he offers to pay for it all, I'm immediately going to suspect he thinks that by paying I'm then going to sleep with them, because it has been suggested to me.

If you expect your partner to always pay, you need to check your priorities. They aren't paying for your company and frankly, it's lazy unless they're offering as a one off..
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by EllainKahlo
What the hell? Why would I want my date to pay for everything? I'm perfectly capable of paying for my own share. The only people whose stuff I pay for are friends because we take it in turns depending on who has the most money at the time. Sometimes they pay, sometimes I do, sometimes we split the bill or we only pay for what we bought, only makes sense.

If you expect your partner to always pay, you need to check your priorities. They aren't paying for your company and frankly, it's lazy unless they're offering as a one off..

So essentially you are a sexist living in the 50s?
Original post by Omen96
So essentially you are a sexist living in the 50s?

What is sexist about me paying for my own share?
I pay for my dates. I was taught that it is only good and proper that a man does so.
Reply 38
Original post by shazy2014
oh I certainly wouldn't want to pay, I have quite traditional expectations of what guys should do 😊

So you also think the man is the head of the family, the leader, the king of the castle? Then we have no quarrel.. what I hate is hypocrisy and choosing ''equalities'' like it's a buffet.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
That's feminism - "equality when it suits us".

A while ago on a thread, all the girls including me said that they would happily pay for themselves, you guys need to get over yourselves, you sound pathetic.

Women aren't here to feel sorry for you being broke lmao.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending