The Student Room Group

AQA Science Practical Exams

So, as a private student, I have pretty much no idea what to expect when I sit my practical exams for both AS and A2 in the 3 sciences under AQA. I have registered for practice sessions for each unit with the same exam center that I'll be writing the exams with.

I saw the exam dates, and each it noted each as a 1.5 hour etc. written exam. This made me feel slightly under-prepared. I have actually done numerous practicals in all 3 sciences in a post-secondary program, but would really appreciate if anyone had any info on how the practical exams are structured.

I'd assume they consist of a certain experiment that I have to undertake, while observing and noting the results during its progression. After which I would do a few calculations and note down my working and final answers on an exam paper. Sort of like an acid-base titration experiment.

TL-DR; What are the AQA Chemistry, Biology and Physics Practical Exams structured as?
Reply 1
I think you wrote this into a wrong topic. Speaking about exams though - have you already had yours yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Much confusion.

Are you currently doing the new spec?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending