The Student Room Group

Rhodes Must Fall founder - "NO white person shall rest"

Why does Oxford give scholarships to people with these views?

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

'Thank you to all the non binary, trans & all other black bodies.' Bet the physics students had a good chuckle at that. :giggle:

If he/she is really a student at Oxford, then it's a very sad day for that university.
making a waitress cry... how exciting for him
He seems like the kind of guy to misinterpret people hating him as people hating black people.
You do realise that this has absolutely nothing to do with the Oxford? As far as I can tell everyone in this conversation is associated with the University of Cape Town, none of them are associated with Oxford; they're discussing the Rhodes Must Fall movement in South Africa, which is where it started and where it's based. Not that I'm excusing what they're saying but I'm not really sure why people are going on about Oxford here...

Edit: The person mentioned in the post isn't at Oxford but the author of the post is so yes, sorry, my mistake.
(edited 7 years ago)
Also, the notion that a typical Russian has anything to do with the Dutch settlers of the 1600s is somewhat baffling.
Original post by Hydeman
'If he/she is really a student at Oxford

They're not. Nobody in this thread seems to be aware of the fact that the Rhodes Must Fall is primarily a movement in South Africa.
Original post by Hydeman
'Thank you to all the non binary, trans & all other black bodies.' Bet the physics students had a good chuckle at that. :giggle:

If he/she is really a student at Oxford, then it's a very sad day for that university.

Must be a Fine Arts student or something.
Ah yes, the young female worker at the restaurant working for minimum wage is culpable for incidents and events that most likely happened long before she was born... I hear in North Korea, three generations of a family can get punished if one individual commits a crime. Maybe he should take his case to the North Korean court?
and they said black people can't be racist *smdh*
Reply 10
Original post by Plagioclase
They're not. Nobody in this thread seems to be aware of the fact that the Rhodes Must Fall is primarily a movement in South Africa.

He (Ntokozo Qwabe) is a Rhodes Scholar reading Law at Oxford.

http://www.independent.co.uk/student/news/ntokozo-qwabe-student-who-accused-oxford-of-propping-up-existence-of-systemic-racism-says-he-is-a6790991.html
(edited 7 years ago)
What do you expect from a bunch of idealistic morons? Logic, reason?
Original post by Plagioclase
Will you be retracting your statement?
Even though people agree with him since he's inciting hatred that most black people I think reasonably try to suppress since it's useless and unhealthy...

if a white person were going on like this and it were about Muslims or blacks
oh dear God what would happen? lol

If you have issues with whites I think it's best for you and everybody to be as free in thinking as you want! But shut the hell up and don't make a fool of yourself and if you want to transcend or condemn racism then cool, it's best to. But do it constructively.
Original post by The Epicurean
Ah yes, the young female worker at the restaurant working for minimum wage is culpable for incidents and events that most likely happened long before she was born... I hear in North Korea, three generations of a family can get punished if one individual commits a crime. Maybe he should take his case to the North Korean court?

I suspect he will himself be tried in the court of the wronged waiters' fraternity. He can expect his intake of saliva, foreign bodies and noxious substances to increase whenever he eats in restaurants in future.

What a nasty bully he is.

The irony is that, though he does not seem to be aware, his land (South Africa) is already back in the hands of black people.
(edited 7 years ago)
Can someone do a TL;DR version?
Original post by Vikingninja
Can someone do a TL;DR version?

#IHateWhitePeople
It's awful how these student led movements seem to let their black and white (no pun intended) ideology see past reason and victimise innocent people.
Reply 18
This person would not have the pen, the paper, the restaurant, the electricity, the computer/phone/tablet, the internet or the social media site to bitch about it if the people she hates so much hadn't invented them and/or brought them to their continent. She should take a long hard look at Zimbabwe to see what happens when you kick out/kill the whites.
Lol. He is one of the "Black person can never be racist" crowd .

Quick Reply

Latest