The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Derwent college

Hi! Looking to apply to Derwent for this September and just wondering what the atmosphere is like?
It looks like Derwent is everyone's first choice:colondollar::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by millss
Hi! Looking to apply to Derwent for this September and just wondering what the atmosphere is like?

It depends more on what sort of things you are looking for in terms of accommodation and people.
Derwent is one of the colleges on the main campus, known for being social and having a lot of parties.
Generally speaking the accommodation is not as nice as some of the other colleges (although this does mean that it is cheaper). I'm not aware of any catered Derwent accommodation (although please don't quote me on that). It also depends on what you are studying, as for a few courses you will spend all/most of your time on the other campus (walking takes ~15 mins, or 5 mins with bus).
Edit: apparently half of Derwent gets catered accommodation
Edit: Derwent also has some shared bedrooms if that's your sort of thing
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by l1lvink
It depends more on what sort of things you are looking for in terms of accommodation and people.
Derwent is one of the colleges on the main campus, known for being social and having a lot of parties.
Generally speaking the accommodation is not as nice as some of the other colleges (although this does mean that it is cheaper). I'm not aware of any catered Derwent accommodation (although please don't quote me on that). It also depends on what you are studying, as for a few courses you will spend all/most of your time on the other campus (walking takes ~15 mins, or 5 mins with bus).

pretty much all of Derwent is catered except for a couple of blocks
Derwent is absolutely quality, don't even consider other colleges.
Reply 5
Original post by jonnynoctu
Derwent is absolutely quality, don't even consider other colleges.

Wonder which college jonny goes to...
Original post by l1lvink
Wonder which college jonny goes to...

Spoiler

Derwent is love, derwent is life.
Reply 8
I'm guessing many people have applied already. Will I be late if I apply tomorrow hoping to get Derwent as my first choice?
Original post by Adrono
I'm guessing many people have applied already. Will I be late if I apply tomorrow hoping to get Derwent as my first choice?

If you put all of derwent in all your choices you can't not be in derwent.
Derwent is high demand but i think they consider all applications at the same time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending