The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ok go for it, thats quite smart - storing it.

alcampo i can't remember the line before mu
it was something like mu R = Tcos40 or whatever angle it was and whatever T was.
I had mu= 0.5 I think.. But, I couldn't see why I'd get soo many marks for that.. Thought I missed out on something major.

Yeh, I got 0.6 for ad I think.. Can't quite remember though. I totaly ****ed that up to begining as didn't see that the mass of the rod was 8 (or whatever the number was) and so was placing another mass at the centre whihc I also needed to work out.. which was impossible.

And 11 for V in the speed/time graph.

I thought the whole paper was very easy. but, I messed up most things first time and had to redo them and took up a lot of time.. so I didn't get the paper finsihed.. didn't even start the vector question or finish the pulleys question.
alot of people in my class ran out of time, but i always finish early its a bad thing because i am too lazy to go over my answers. like mechanics today i finished 45 minutes early.
Reply 23
alcampo
yes please if you could. how'd you store answers on a calculator?

What I did, I used the A - F and X, Y, M standard memory slots, and ignored the "show that" questions.

Sometimes I "doubled up" with three zeros. For example, if I wanted to store 2 and 5, I would put 20005. If I wanted to store 2 and 0.5, I put 2000.5

Not the best method, but works well with my bad memory!
Reply 24
Sorry for double post, but aminalia89, I think the angle was 20.
yeah along those lines i can't really remember but my answer was 0.55 so i must have wrote 20.
Reply 26
My answers:

1) 35.1, 33
2) 3, and 0.5kg
3) 0.43
4) 11ms-1, and -1.75ms-2
5) 1.68 and 0.548
6) 3.5 and 2.36
7) q = 6, p = 2, lambda = -2

Need the paper now to see what was what lol.
someone please post the questions asap; i forgot what they were -___-
anyone get 1.34 seconds for the time elapsed on that pulley question....i thought it was wrong cause it seemed like alot happened in such a short space of time...but some of you guys have got 0.86!
Reply 29
M2 is harder rite ?
I did M1 better than M2 lol
Bah.. I managed to screw up on the last question which was like worth 5 marks and 3 marks... :frown:

On a sidenote... everything seems to be going alright so far, will we be able to get the exact answers sometime soon?
Reply 31
i did terrible, i ****ed up the mass q on the tesnion one and ****ed up the lambda one
Reply 32
Woot! I got 6/7 seconds for the pulley question too. My answers all seem to match here I think (well what I can remember of them)!.
i finished in about 45 minutes and there are people here saying they didnt have enough time. the paper was quite easy tbh. the only question i messed up on was the pulley bit. instead of using -b i did +b divided by 2a for the quadratic formula. possible grade boundaries anyone?
Reply 34
I don't remember getting 0.86, I think I got 0.9 or something?

Were you just meant to find the time taken for the particle's velocity to reach 0 and add on the time taken for the other particle to reach the ground?
Reply 35
talentless
i finished in about 45 minutes and there are people here saying they didnt have enough time. the paper was quite easy tbh. the only question i messed up on was the pulley bit. instead of using -b i did +b divided by 2a for the quadratic formula. possible grade boundaries anyone?

I reckon that this paper was a bit harder in comparison to Jan 2007 and June 2006 and there were more places where errors could occur so I would say it would be a bit lower. Around 62-64 would be my bet for an A.

There were plane/inclined questions, grr! I love 'em! :frown:
Reply 36
DeathAwaitsU
I don't remember getting 0.86, I think I got 0.9 or something?

Were you just meant to find the time taken for the particle's velocity to reach 0 and add on the time taken for the other particle to reach the ground?

When it went from slack to taut again.
Reply 37
Yeah but in going from slack to taut its velocity reaches 0, right? And take accleration as 9.8. Initial velocity could be worked out. And then time could be given by a SUVAT equation.
Reply 38
any1 pls check all answer i got.:smile:

Q1: a. T= 35.086N
b. W= 32.97N

Q2: a. m= 0.5kg
b. I= 3Ns

Q3: a. R= 2N
b. S=0.6m

Q4: a. V=11m/s
b. a=-1.75m/s^

Q5: a. 1.68
b. 0.55

Q6: a. a=2.8m/s^
b. T= 3.5N
c. 5/18 shown
d. t= 0.43s ( i think i got wrong here)

Q7: a. 2i+6j
b. (3+2T)i + (-4+6T)j
c. &= -2
d. 2¬10 km/h ( is this the proper answer for the question?)

hope any1 please check it..
thankssss
Hi, noob here!

I'm reasonably happy on 6e having seen the same answer here. I think the method is to use s=0m, not v=0, because the string becomes taut again when Q gets back to the same height it was at when P hit the ground. Then a=-g and u=4.2

I ended up not needing to factorise or use the quadratic formula afterwards too, since t=0 is clearly the solution you don't want. So divide through by t and you get 4.2 = 4.9t. Well, I really hope that's what you get, anyway.

Did I misread it, or didn't the last part of 4 ask for DEceleration so you get +1.75? Anyone else remember either way?

Latest