The Student Room Group

How much revision is appropriate?

How much revision should you do each day. Please help by saying how much time you spend revising on weekdays and weekends, any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks
The only revision I did before the exam is the day before. Don't sweat it, however if you actually want better grades then I did (I got 6 A*/A) revise a week before. GCSEs are just memory quizzes, if you have a good memory it should be easy sailing.
hmm to be fair it really depends on the person and subjects
I cover topics instead of doing it during a time period as it may take me longer than usual to understand a theory or equation. For example, I'd probably go over 3 chemistry topics, a maths papers and sociology paper on Monday, making notes, mind maps and doing questions, this would take me roughly 2 hours. Although, for others it may take them 3 or 4. It really depends on how much you can understand. Same for weekends but I'll cover much more.

My advice would be to break down your subjects and to pick your weakest topic and study it until you understand it. But make SURE YOU TAKE A 5/10 MINUTE BREAK AFTER 30-45 MINUTeS
Reply 3
Original post by M00ND4NC3R
How much revision should you do each day. Please help by saying how much time you spend revising on weekdays and weekends, any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks

none man. lockdown 2 will take care of that for you. just work hard in class for the <2 months we'll be back in school and your predicted grades will go sky high

Quick Reply

Latest