The Student Room Group

What was the most important factor of how HITLER rose to POWER?AND why?

a)political
b)The state of the economy
c)Propaganda
d)His personality..e.g-he was a good public speaker
Reply 1
Hitler's personality only allowed his to rise to power because the Germans were already annoyed at the results of the ToV. So A+D collectively :smile:
Original post by tamil fever
a)political
c)Propaganda

Don't forget the SA, weaknesses of the weimer republic(article 48 e.t.c...)
A&B seem most important.

Great depression played a big major part..so I guess B becoz unemployment happened, and then A is a follow up because they preached about Weimar weakenesses due to proportional representation.
Original post by SunnyBoys
Don't forget the SA, weaknesses of the weimer republic(article 48 e.t.c...)

and terror
a)political
c)Propaganda

a) Conservatives (mainly DNVP) who were hostile to the republic and supportive of monarchy or army dictatorship, especially the Prussian junkers, article 48 granting emergency powers, weakness of proportional representation, fear of the industrial elite, the ambitions of Papen and others to control Germany, control of the legislature (Reichstag) the Reichstag fire, prominent anti-Semitism, instability and fighting by the Communists and SA in the streets, the Night of the Long Knives, Hitler's imprisonment and trial, territories lost (Free City of Danzig) which wanted to rejoin Germany, French hostility and attempts to occupy the Rhineland, early success of Italian fascism, hostility towards the UN.

When Hindenburg granted the Nazis power in 1933 due to their success in the elections and their control of the communists they were only allowed two members in government, the rest were filled by DNVP, the main reason for the collapse of this was control of the police and SA, and army became far more important than the government. The Nazis were believed to be the only ones who could provide a political solution which would not cause civil war. The two ministries they had were not even that powerful, the Minister for the Interior did not have the power of the home secretary today for instance, the main strength was the Chancellorship and Hitler's careful political persuasion.

Often ignored was according to Hindenburg's will (by account of his son) Hitler was to succeed him. However this seems like bs given that Hindenburg was known to have shown distaste for him (calling him a Bohemian corporal, he even got the place of his birth wrong, it was in Austria not Czech)

b)

c) stab in the back legend, humility shown towards Hindenburg in public, close connections with the old elite (Ludendorff, Wagner family), academic anti-Semitic writings (Chamberlain), control of the media, anti-Semitism of American industrialists like Henry Ford.

d)

Could go on and update the rest of it but i've written so much already.

# This Chamberlain https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Stewart_Chamberlain not Neville
(edited 7 years ago)
AND why THE CAPS?

Though I admit it caught my attention. :tongue:
a)political
c)Propaganda

I watched this film called the Experimenterabout the Milgram Experiment about obedience

The psychologist had family who escaped the Nazis and his desire was to understand what happened through psychological social experimentsstanley milgram
Studying psychology through social experiments helps you to understand the vulnerabilities in the human thought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1VOZhwRvWo

[video="youtube;O1VOZhwRvWo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1VOZhwRvWo[/video]
a)political
c)Propaganda

Research the Milgram Experiment
Milgram experiment
Original post by XcitingStuart
AND why THE CAPS?

Though I admit it caught my attention. :tongue:

Lol. My answer is in ur answer. it was too get this thread attention. It works but sometimes it doesn't. Or i put the caps on the MOST important keywords.. :smile:
The depression. Pre 1930 Hitler and the Nazis had less than 3%< of the vote in the Reichstag. In 1932 July they were the largest party in the Reich with 230 seats. After becoming the largest party the Reichstag Fire happened on the 27th Feb 1933 and a Dutch communist was blamed,thus enabling the enabling act to occur giving Hitler Dictator powers
Original post by NIMBYISM5
Research the Milgram Experiment
Milgram experiment

Milgram's study of obedience in the USA? He concluded that people obey authority figures even when they very strongly do not want to.....
Jewish role in the revolutions played a role too

They were trying to spark a Bolshevik revolution in Germany do people know this?

Never say the Germans were intolerant. Nobody should have to tolerate what the Jews were doing, and have been conspiring ever since...

History is written by the victor. Germans lost, in a way the Soviets won...

Soviet Union was full of Jews btw even Putin admitted it.
(edited 7 years ago)
I would say the state of the economy and the timing because the Nazi's popularity went up after the wall street crash in 1929 and after Stresemann died. People are more likely to look to extremism when things aren't going well.
Milgram's study of obedience in the USA? He concluded that people obey authority figures even when they very strongly do not want to.....

That was what happened in Germany. It's a human weakness to conform to the masses and to not think for your self. Milgrim did an experiment showing how people in the lift all turned facing the wall because everybody else was.
Original post by ItsaConspiracy
Jewish role in the revolutions played a role too

They were trying to spark a Bolshevik revolution in Germany do people know this?

Never say the Germans were intolerant. Nobody should have to tolerate what the Jews were doing, and have been conspiring ever since...

History is written by the victor. Germans lost, in a way the Soviets won...

Soviet Union was full of Jews btw even Putin admitted it.

You're understating the victory of the soviets, they were exclusively the Victors of WW2, it is thanks to them that we won WW2. America was not exceptional in WW2 as it is much vaunted in the popular press.

Quick Reply

Latest