The Student Room Group

Burning too many bridges...is something wrong with me?

I've lost two close friends that I've known for years. I cut them off. The first one I didn't and still don't feel bad about. She has nothing to offer and the friendship is very one sided. When she would call me she only ever talked about her sex life and her boyfriend in really graphic detail. I got sick of it and well she doesn't add value to my life so I said goodbye.

This second one really hurts because I've known her since primary school. I just feel as of late she's become very selfish and self absorbed. She stopped replying my messages and would ignore them for ages. She also was feeding information about me to someone when I told her not to. I got into uni before she did and she wasn't happy for me...I should've known. Now she's on a course with new friends and blatantly ignores me. I made the effort to send her a birthday present and a card. Not that I was expecting anything back but she didn't even say happy birthday. She's having problems with her mom and another close friend and it's cos her attitude STINKS!

I deleted her off my phone and snapchat and she's done the same. It just hurts to let go of all the fun memories. I'm really feeling like a loner now. I thought we'd be friends for a long time. I'm starting to wonder if the problem lies with me. I feel like crying. Advice please. Thanks
Reply 1
Aw I'm so sorry this is happening. It's sucks and it's just a shame.

The good thing is that it's not you. Sometimes people change. And sometimes it's for the better. In this case it's clearly for your life.

Not everyone in your life is permanent and is meant to stay there forever. People come in your life for different reasons.
The fact that your long term friend was spreading information shows she wasn't a true friend, because that's not very fair at all.

Don't blame yourself for other people letting you down. I'm sure you're an amazing friend! People can really suck sometimes :frown:.

But feel better soon, feel free to quote or to message anytime!
:smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by TK_23
Aw I'm so sorry this is happening. It's sucks and it's just a shame.

The good thing is that it's not you. Sometimes people change. And sometimes it's for the better. In this case it's clearly for your life.

Not everyone in your life is permanent and is meant to stay there forever. People come in your life for different reasons.
The fact that your long term friend was spreading information shows she wasn't a true friend, because that's not very fair at all.

Don't blame yourself for other people letting you down. I'm sure you're an amazing friend! People can really suck sometimes :frown:.

But feel better soon, feel free to quote or to message anytime!
:smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much for this! It's cheered me up! I don't really let people in and consider them close but I did with her as she was my "best friend". But you're right. Thanks again for the advice:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending