The Student Room Group

I might never see my friend again

I've grown really close with my friend lately. We always hang out at uni and we go out together for evenings out frequently. We are graduating from uni in a few weeks time and I fear that it could well spell the end of our friendship.

She's moving out of the city to start her new job (miles from here) and though I'll still live here, she's going to be super busy with her job. We'll only talk online and it may result in conversations like "hey, how are you", "good and you?" and that's it.... How can I keep our friendship going because I'm sad that we're going to part ways.

But I don't want to lose her as a friend. Am I overthinking things or worrying to much?
Reply 1
Keep in contact?

I have met up with uni mates on a couple of occasions, despite us all living in different parts of the country, having jobs and different responsibilities. Make the time and effort and you'll still see each other :smile:
Reply 2
Keep in touch with your friend (text message and/or FB for example)

My best friend has been in the army at the other side of the country for almost a year now and we're both gonna work in a few months who knows where. I kept in touch with him and I know I'm not gonna lose him. I just see him way less often. If you're really friends then you're gonna find a way.
Just part of growing up. I've got friends I used to see every day that I only see a few times a year now as we all live far apart. We don't really talk via text or phone or anything, we prefer to just contact each other to arrange the occasional group meet up and then when we all gather we've got lots to talk about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending