The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Ancient History at Birmingham

Hi, is there anyone who can give me some advice about the ancient history course at Birmingham. I am thinking of accepting an unconditional offer from Birmingham but am concerned about the student survey results for this department. It scores very poorly in things such as "feedback received promptly" and "feedback relevant and helpful" which is a worry to me. I feel that feedback will be hugely important but it sounds like students are unhappy with the quality and efficiency of feedback in this department . Any comments or experience of the kind of support available in the Classics department at Birmingham would be very welcome
Thanks
Original post by stormdog
Hi, is there anyone who can give me some advice about the ancient history course at Birmingham. I am thinking of accepting an unconditional offer from Birmingham but am concerned about the student survey results for this department. It scores very poorly in things such as "feedback received promptly" and "feedback relevant and helpful" which is a worry to me. I feel that feedback will be hugely important but it sounds like students are unhappy with the quality and efficiency of feedback in this department . Any comments or experience of the kind of support available in the Classics department at Birmingham would be very welcome
Thanks

Heya, I've moved this to the University of Birmingham forum for you :h:

If you get the chance to and it's feasible, it's worth visiting; you might be given a tour by a current student in that department and you can ask them about how accurate they feel those results are.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Spoiler

What if he was talking about Birmingham City University? :h:
Original post by RezzBerry

What if he was talking about Birmingham City University? :h:

The thought crossed my mind but I thought that it was unlikely after reading the post. Could be though :tongue:
Original post by SeanFM
The thought crossed my mind but I thought that it was unlikely after reading the post. Could be though :tongue:

Any way I could take advantage of this situation and sue TSR? This has caused me (and OP) some serious physiological damage.
Reply 5
[QUOTE="SeanFM;64480823"]Heya, I've moved this to the University of Birmingham forum for you :h:

If you get the chance to and it's feasible, it's worth visiting; you might be given a tour by a current student in that department and you can ask them about how accurate they feel those results are.[/QUOTE

Thank you. Just to clarify , I am referring to the University of Birmingham. I have done two tours already but unfortunately I hadn't come across this information about poor feedback at the time And so didn't ask the relevant questions regarding this. Also my deadline for application is in a couple of days so no time for a return visit
Reply 6
Thanks for moving my post to the University of Birmingham. I have made a couple of visits to Birmingham University open days but unfortunately I wasn't a armed with this information regarding poor feedback at the time, my deadline for application submission is next Tuesday so I haven't got time to revisit. If anyone has any comment on tutor feedback in the Classics department I should be very grateful
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest