The Student Room Group

would you consider this a bad/avergae reference?

I just received a reference from one of my undergraduate tutors. When I asked him for the reference, he stated the school really enjoyed teaching me and could see my potential - they would very much like me to return for my masters. I'm an architecture student btw.

I'd like to return to the school, I just don't want to live in the same city (for 6 years) which is unbelievebaly expensive, I can't afford to live there anymore since my flatmates have finished their courses and returned home; Tbh I just want to move on and experience a different city/life.

Here is the jist of the reference

I have known mr ----- for one year as his tutor and in that time he has proven to be trustworthy and honest. Mr ----- is a personable student with an interest in the subject area. Please contact me if you requre any further information

I did very well in my BSc. seems a bit underwhelming? or is this the norm?
Original post by theonelink

That isn't the reference. He s making it clear he wants to give a verbal reference - which is what many employers/organisations prefer to receive as well. He's just saying 'phone me if you want a reference'.

It's usual for the receiving organisation to ask for a reference in the format they want anyway, not for someone to give a reference ahead of me. Very few accept pre-written references.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending