The Student Room Group

Are you getting study leave?

Scroll to see replies

Our study leave started on Friday. My first exam is in 2 weeks but exams begin next week. It's a bit rough for those sitting the first few exams. Obviously 6th formers don't go back to school after exam leave is over (a month for 5th and 6th years) but we have fun activities planned to fill the gap between then and our formal leaving ceremony on 23rd June.
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I feel that too, I need all the luck in the world :K: Has anyone ever been picked up though? I'd feel so embarrassed :lol:

I am glad you asked (thank you btw) :awesome: this cool band right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc6vs-l5dkc
I honestly recommend listening to a few of their songs because their style evolves throughout different albums, and because now it is just Brendon as a full member (kind of a one man band haha). They're amazing. :biggrin:

Yeah quite a few have been picked up from home they all described it as "awkward" and embarrassing some never opened their door lmao
Aw no problem! :biggrin: :ahee:
I will do!! I love listening to music :flute:
I've heard of panic! At the disco but I've never listened to any of their music
Love the beat to it though!!!
The video was amazing lol funny! :biggrin:
Cool costume though
I'm not getting study leave till the 27 May!:frown: What's the point if I already completed more than a half of my exams?
Original post by rajneetk
Yeah quite a few have been picked up from home they all described it as "awkward" and embarrassing some never opened their door lmao
Aw no problem! :biggrin: :ahee:
I will do!! I love listening to music :flute:
I've heard of panic! At the disco but I've never listened to any of their music
Love the beat to it though!!!
The video was amazing lol funny! :biggrin:
Cool costume though

I looooove music so much :love: what do you like to listen to?
If you liked that song you'll probably like their other ones too! :biggrin:
Can't believe your college would go to the lengths of picking students up, I'm honestly so shocked by that. I suppose you could probably get away with skipping by authorising your absences or yeah, just hiding when they knock. :laugh: Don't tell me they would forcibly enter too? :rofl:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I looooove music so much :love: what do you like to listen to?
If you liked that song you'll probably like their other ones too! :biggrin:
Can't believe your college would go to the lengths of picking students up, I'm honestly so shocked by that. I suppose you could probably get away with skipping by authorising your absences or yeah, just hiding when they knock. :laugh: Don't tell me they would forcibly enter too? :rofl:

I don't have a specific tbh I'll listen to almost anything I like all types of music lol
I doubt they'd forcibly enter
If they do...I'd be in my closet hiding lmao

Even if I authorise they'd probably have a fit at me when I get back :colonhash:
But yeah we have some weird rules to follow
Original post by rajneetk
I don't have a specific tbh I'll listen to almost anything I like all types of music lol
I doubt they'd forcibly enter
If they do...I'd be in my closet hiding lmao

Even if I authorise they'd probably have a fit at me when I get back :colonhash:
But yeah we have some weird rules to follow

Is this a state school? :tongue: I will be having nightmares about my college sending someone to pick me up now :redface:
Original post by sfaraj

unis do not look at your high school year 11 attendance, worry about those things when youre in 6th form not yr 11

Oh i should have made it clear, i'm doing AS levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
we do, in the sense that we don't have to go into school in between exams
but it only starts May 13th, which is 3/4 days before most people's first exam
but I guess I'm luckier than some people, I can't believe some schools make you go in to school everyday during exam period wtf
Our study leave starts on 20th May and our first exam is on the 17th, which is really frustrating.
I guess late study leave is better than no study leave though, right?
My last day of lessons is the 20th May and my first exam is the 8th June. I get just over two weeks of study leave but I do wish they gave us more :frown: a lot of the lessons now are "revision" but it's not helpful.
Reply 70
Original post by sfaraj
just bunk school, thats what im doing, you get more done at home than at school and you can focus on the subjects you need to revise. and i have stuudy leave but it starts on the same day as my first exam
same! let me guess is it AQA Psychology?
Yup, started this week. Whole may and june free :biggrin:
Reply 72
Stupidly on the 10th June, when it's not even a study leave for me,I have to come in everyday for two or more exams. It annoys me so much. It's so late,there's not even the point in having one
Original post by s.mo
Alot of schools have already got study leave but my school stopped doing it last year so basically we leave at the end of May but i dont see the point when i can revise much more at home

For my GCSEs, we weren't supposed to have study leave, but people just stayed at home and revised anyway after half term, even the teachers recommended that we went home and revised or take a break after an exam :tongue:

Now at A2, study leave is more strict, so we are not getting it until 27th of May, plus most people want to stay in school now to get help from teachers.
Well I go to a boarding school so we have 2 study leave dates. The CIE IGCSE science exams start tomorrow so as of tomorrow day students can come into school if they want, but boarders have to come into lessons as it's still timetabled but it's basically just revision. Then official study leave starts on friday 13th :s-smilie:
Reply 75
Our school still has study leave but they've moved it from early May to June 13th when exams for most people are already over. It's pointless to be honest, I think they should either scrap study leave althogether or move it back to May.
Reply 76
Original post by s.mo
Alot of schools have already got study leave but my school stopped doing it last year so basically we leave at the end of May but i dont see the point when i can revise much more at home

This is exactly my school, it is the biggest pisstake when you're the type of person that would be much more productive working at home than being in lessons but cos of the people that wouldn't revise during study leave u can't
My schools giving study leave on the 20th May. Which is horrible considering loads of resits are during May I guess. Luckily my only resit is in June (:
Reply 78
The only time I have 'study leave' is between June 20th and the 24th because everyone except triple science students have left kmt but i think that isn't very beneficial
We go on study leave on the 16th of May. I have three exams before that. Left it a bit late imo.

If you don't get study just take a day off every now and then and call in sick, that's what a lot of people do.

Quick Reply

Latest