The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't like most of the songs on his album, but I do like "Through the Wire" and "Last Call".
Reply 2
dilated people feat Kanye West - This Way
good song
Reply 3
Cyclone666
dilated people feat Kanye West - This Way
good song

Ya it is, I really liked the music video as well.
Reply 4
Gwarwick
http://www.kanyewest.com/

Does anyone else really like his music? He is a remarkable producer, and rapper.
His songs include:

It all falls down
Through the wire
Jesus Walks

as much as i agree with you in terms of him making a good impact on the british music scene, what exactly separates his "talent" as a producer/rapper from everyone else?

i do agree that he has done well, released some good collaborations, but to be honest a lot of americans release stuff here just after huge advertising campaigns. i think that really you can only say he is a good producer if he is able to keep adapting to the changing music preferences from people.
Reply 5
Well then we can't judge then can we, he would require long carreer which has just begun. Also I didnt say he had an impact on the British music scene, in fact I had no clue he did. In terms of adaptation he is making a remix for Maroon 5s hit single[Im reffering to it as such since I forgot the name :smile:], working with Twista, and Maroon 5 illustrates versatility which I think hints at adaptability I think.
Gwarwick

Does anyone else really like his music? He is a remarkable producer, and rapper.
His songs include:

It all falls down
Through the wire
Jesus Walks

I really like some of his work but i think the song 'all falls down' would have been so much better if he used lauryn hill's voice. I think she's great and since it's her lyrics and that woman sings it the same way as lauryn makes me wonder why he didn't use her vocals.
Reply 7
Gwarwick

His songs include:

It all falls down
Through the wire
Jesus Walks

yeah hes good
Reply 8
Gwarwick
Well then we can't judge then can we, he would require long carreer which has just begun. Also I didnt say he had an impact on the British music scene, in fact I had no clue he did. In terms of adaptation he is making a remix for Maroon 5s hit single[Im reffering to it as such since I forgot the name :smile:], working with Twista, and Maroon 5 illustrates versatility which I think hints at adaptability I think.

yeah sure, i dont mean to have a dig at anyone, and to be honest i do agree his collaborations do show that he is capable of not just being hardcore rap/hip-hop. i do think he has the potential to become really influential.

but the only reason why said what i did earlier is because of the huge influx of rappers, half of which are good in terms of originality, but the other half have been failures. e.g. ja rule - had a couple of ok tracks but couldnt really release a track with just his name on it.
Reply 9
Whats_The_411?
I really like some of his work but i think the song 'all falls down' would have been so much better if he used lauryn hill's voice. I think she's great and since it's her lyrics and that woman sings it the same way as lauryn makes me wonder why he didn't use her vocals.

Glad sommeone else thought so. Lauryn is brilliant, 'Everything is everything', and 'That thing' are both great songs I haven't even mentioned her work while she was working with the Fugees.
Reply 10
KerChing
yeah sure, i dont mean to have a dig at anyone, and to be honest i do agree his collaborations do show that he is capable of not just being hardcore rap/hip-hop. i do think he has the potential to become really influential.

but the only reason why said what i did earlier is because of the huge influx of rappers, half of which are good in terms of originality, but the other half have been failures. e.g. ja rule - had a couple of ok tracks but couldnt really release a track with just his name on it.

Ya I have a feeling N.E.R.D/Neptunes will experience the same, even though they were number 1 in every sense last year.
Reply 11
yeah its good sh*t - college dropout = awesome
not normaly a fan of that sort of music

but Kanye West is cool
Reply 13
Never Let You Down and Family Business are 2 great tracks off the album. I did listen to it a lot when it first came out but got bored of it pretty quickly.
Reply 14
Gwarwick

His songs include:

It all falls down
Through the wire
Jesus Walks

I'm listening to my FREE copy of the college dropout now - the man is a genius, and after all what he's been through! I think he's the next pac x
Whats_The_411?

she didnt let him use her vocals

dont ask me why, i dunno whats up with her
Reply 16
Still in my CD Player so it must be good. :wink:
Reply 17
Gwarwick
Ya I have a feeling N.E.R.D/Neptunes will experience the same, even though they were number 1 in every sense last year.

yeah true, NERD's latest album had some good touches in it, but really only had 2 killer tracks which is disaapointing considering the number of hit tunes that they penned last year.

but unlike ja rule and co. i still think that the neptunes label will still flourish simply because the number of "pop" hip-hoppers dont have the time to produce many of their own tracks, so the neptunes will carry on producing.

was kanye the main producer on his own album? or did he co produce with other people??
Reply 18
serious narb
not normaly a fan of that sort of music

but Kanye West is cool

That truly demonstrates how great his music is. KerChing I believe he produced it mostly by himself.
Reply 19
eleenia
I'm listening to my FREE copy of the college dropout now - the man is a genius, and after all what he's been through! I think he's the next pac x

...he was in a car crash, thats it..

Latest