Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

"Send evidence to show that you'll receive benefits while you're studying." - HELP

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi everyone,

    I've recently applied to Student Finance and sent off all the evidence they asked for and I received this email:

    And this is what my Student Finance page currently looks like:

    And this is what it says on the "entitlement summary":

    I'm really confused what the email is asking for when it says "send evidence to show any benefits you may receive while studying". I have sent all the evidence that they have asked for in terms of household income, my Personal Independence Payment for my Autism, the DSA Form with all the evidence attached (still don't understand why it's showing up on the evidence required page?).

    The only thing I could imagine it being is that I have had to leave home recently due to domestic violence and now I am technically "homeless" and I live with my friend, so I currently receive Income Support. However, I was told that my Income Support will stop when I start university, so I didn't think I needed to send any evidence that I receive income support.. have I made a bad mistake?

    Thank you for reading all this and I hope you can help me

    P.S - Please could someone help me find the "Evidence Cover sheet" that they talked about in the email? I never actually knew that existed when I sent all the household income and PIP evidence stuff hahah
    Attached Images
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 30, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.