The Student Room Group

Think the EU’s bad now? Wait until Albania joins

The Albanian Option. It sounds like a John le Carré novel. You imagine a story with political intrigue, huge sums of money going astray, criminality and double-dealing. And you’d be right.

But the Albanian Option isn’t holiday reading fiction it’s diplomatic fact.Albania is on course to join the European Union alongside four other countries, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey. The already unwieldy group of 28 is due to become a throng of 33.

And Britain isn’t just backing this move. We’re paying for it.Every week we send £350 million to the EU. And now millions of your hard-earned taxes are being directed to these five prospective members.

More:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3566620/Michael-Gove-warns-EU-expansion-open-borders-88-million-Europe-s-poorest-countries.html

Scroll to see replies

Do you speak Russian?

Dosvidanya!
Original post by TheSuingEU

And Britain isn’t just backing this move. We’re paying for it.Every week we send £350 million to the EU. And now millions of your hard-earned taxes are being directed to these five prospective members.

Wrong. That is the gross figure and doesn't include the rebait or what the UK gets back in development grants and subsidies.

And with all due respect, the Daily Fail is hardly a credible source of unbiased opinion.

I would be very surprised if these countries actually join as full members, especially after last year's unprecedented migrations. I am sure the paperwork is progressing right now, but when the EU leaders sit in a room and discuss it in person, I would be very surprised if there weren't some stern words to be said about it all. That said, if we leave the EU, we will have no say in it whatsoever.
I like to listen to both sides but one thing I have noticed is an awful lot of those predicting the end of the world if we leave are the same people that wanted us to dump the £ and go with the Euro predicting we would be down the shitter if we didn't.
Oh good, we dont need any russian sympathisers in Britain. feel free to leave thanks
Oh no.

However will I cope with all the hot Albanian girls.
Ohhh you're right!1! Of course leaving the EU is the best option... the EU does NOTHING for our country, our money is simply wasted, and it's such a huge personal cost to us, and we don't benefit from trade deals at ALL. Gosh, it's like some of you rely on biased, non-political reports... oh, wait.
Have fun in Russia y'all, we won't miss you (speaking as a mixed Albanian here:tongue:).
Reply 7
You think that's bad? What about after Turkey joins they bring in Moroco, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Syria, Iraq, Libya, Algeria, Egypt, it will be hell but God the lefties will be having a wet dream
Reply 8
Original post by Youngmetro
Oh good, we dont need any russian sympathisers in Britain. feel free to leave thanks

There are few I would give my life for. Russia is one of them
Original post by Omen96
There are few I would give my life for. Russia is one of them

yh good no one cares. If you're that patriotic then you can also go back to your oppressive and backwards country
Reply 10
yh good no one cares. If you're that patriotic then you can also go back to your oppressive and backwards country

I have no citizenship in Russia so I don't know how?

Plus if you would rather be on the side of western imperialism and western corruption that's fine by me. By the way how is the search going for those WMDs?
Original post by Omen96
I have no citizenship in Russia so I don't know how?

Plus if you would rather be on the side of western imperialism and western corruption that's fine by me. By the way how is the search going for those WMDs?

Russia are one of the biggest threats to world peace. They have a crumbling economy and people who hold very extreme views. Im sure you would fit in fine. Dont worry, the West is doing very well thank you very much, standard of living and freedom is much higher here.

Russia are much more corrupt than the West, spreading propaganda, censorship and generally corrupt officials. By the way, how is your leader, Putin the Paedophile doing?
Russian is one of the many countries in the world which has a backbone... I respect them for that.
Reply 13
Wow! I did not know Albania had applied.
Reply 14
Russia are one of the biggest threats to world peace. They have a crumbling economy and people who hold very extreme views. Im sure you would fit in fine. Dont worry, the West is doing very well thank you very much, standard of living and freedom is much higher here.

Russia are much more corrupt than the West, spreading propaganda, censorship and generally corrupt officials. By the way, how is your leader, Putin the Paedophile doing?

That's funny. It's as if you read all that from the American and Europrean media which of course are not bias, have never lied and never once served the interests of the western governments.

I ask again, how are efforts at finding those WMDs? Oh and how are efforts at destabilising...cough...I mean restabilising the countries you tried to bring love and democracy to of course with no motive what so ever of anything else?

I wonder have you been to Russia or do you get all your Info from the Guardian, BBC and daily mail because these all legitimate. It's not like we can say the BBC is owned by the government can we?

Putin is actually perfectly fine, how's your pedophile leaders doing (and no I didn't get that from Russian media, even better, western media)
Original post by Omen96
That's funny. It's as if you read all that from the American and Europrean media which of course are not bias, have never lied and never once served the interests of the western governments.

I ask again, how are efforts at finding those WMDs? Oh and how are efforts at destabilising...cough...I mean restabilising the countries you tried to bring love and democracy to of course with no motive what so ever of anything else?

I wonder have you been to Russia or do you get all your Info from the Guardian, BBC and daily mail because these all legitimate. It's not like we can say the BBC is owned by the government can we?

Putin is actually perfectly fine, how's your pedophile leaders doing (and no I didn't get that from Russian media, even better, western media)

LOOOOL russian nationalists are hilarious

Im not going to start argument with someone who thinks Russia is better than the west loooool

Oh really, which western leader is a paedophile? none, cos thats just more of the ******** you russians feed to the world. No one believes you
Reply 16
LOOOOL russian nationalists are hilarious

Im not going to start argument with someone who thinks Russia is better than the west loooool

Oh really, which western leader is a paedophile? none, cos thats just more of the ******** you russians feed to the world. No one believes you

I'm not Russian though? I just admire Russia. I don't even know a single Russian word so I don't know what you mean. I admire many countries, take Hungary for example, does that make me Hungarian?
The Russian government is no more corrupt than Western governments such as Britain and the US.
Reply 18
You're irrelevant, dont @ me again

Nice to know you were beaten
Original post by Omen96
Nice to know you were beaten

Beaten? Lmaoooo you had no argument, you admire russia fool, that speaks for itself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending