The Student Room Group

Dairy Farm EMS, Devon

Hi to all,

Currently looking into dairy farms in Devon to do 2 weeks of EMS the coming summer. I know there are quite a few, but was wondering if anybody knows of any nice dairy farmers that are willing to take EMS students and provide accommodation?

Thanks. :smile:

P.S. EMS requirements are a traditional parlour (not robotic) and a minumum of 80 milking cows.
Are you a vet student?
Where abouts in Devon are you?
Reply 2
Yes, I am indeed.

I am not actually located in Devon, I am international, but my search is restricted to the area as that is where my other placements are based. Preferably nearer to Exeter but I don`t mind as such, as far as I can get there easily by train/bus.
My family live in Devon. Can you hire a car? I am struggling to think of any farms that are on a bus stop or even within a mile or two of one.
Reply 4
Original post by Victoria Holman
My family live in Devon. Can you hire a car? I am struggling to think of any farms that are on a bus stop or even within a mile or two of one.

Hey. Not really, no :frown:
Reply 5
Still haven`t found a placement :s-smilie: E-mailed/phoned up quite a few farms, but unfortunately not been successful... Only got 10 days left to sort it out :ahhhhh:
Reply 6
What about contacting an agricultural college or Uni with a working farm as they may be more likely to have accommodation and be used to hosting students.

Does your vet school have a list of previous EMS placements you can use to help?
Reply 7
Original post by lwescott
What about contacting an agricultural college or Uni with a working farm as they may be more likely to have accommodation and be used to hosting students.

Does your vet school have a list of previous EMS placements you can use to help?

Thanks for a suggestion, I will check what agricultural colleges there are!

Yes it does, but the list seems to be very outdated. I have been contacting placements from it - but no positive results so far.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending