The Student Room Group

Doing the final exams with exceptional circumstances request.

As you probably know, the Higher English exam is next Thursday. Unfortunately, I have injured my wrist on my writing hand and will be sitting the exam with extra time, but if I feel that I didn't do as well as I could have, The school has said they will send a request to the exceptional circumstance consideration services. Will my Exam script be considered as evidence as well as course work and prelims, or will it be ignored?
Reply 1
If they accept the circumstances as 'exceptional' then they will put on the bottom of your results 'this candidate was given special consideration'
That can mean that they bumped your score from 0-5%. They might not have changed your score at all, but still put 'this candidate ... etc
Also, if you've been given special consideration, if what you achieve is on a boundary between a grade, then they'll 'round up' as it were.

This is the information I have, I've applied for special consideration after suffering a somewhat life changing, unexpected bereavement.

Good luck, and I'm sure you'll be fine either way! -The extra time will probably help (I wish I had that)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending