The Student Room Group

Have I left it too late to revise?

Have i left it too late to revise? Basically what happened is I was revising well in the easter holidays but my product design and I.T coursework interfered MASSIVELY with my revision so i haven't done any since? I'm doing triple science and am predicted A's/A*s in all my GCSES - Have i left it too late to get those grades?

THANK YOU ALL
It will depend how bright you are, how much work you have done, how much work you will do. Some people will be fine, others not so fine.
Just do what you can between now and the exam. How long do you have? You can achieve a lot in 3+ weeks if you work hard.
Nope, as long as you work hard from now till the exams start you should be fine. You have revised before its not like you are just starting so you should have no problems..

Goodluck.
Original post by toolatetorevise
Have i left it too late to revise? Basically what happened is I was revising well in the easter holidays but my product design and I.T coursework interfered MASSIVELY with my revision so i haven't done any since? I'm doing triple science and am predicted A's/A*s in all my GCSES - Have i left it too late to get those grades?

THANK YOU ALL

Never too late do as much work as you possibly can
Original post by 999tigger
It will depend how bright you are, how much work you have done, how much work you will do. Some people will be fine, others not so fine.
Just do what you can between now and the exam. How long do you have? You can achieve a lot in 3+ weeks if you work hard.

Well I've worked hard in class for the past 2 years at least!
Basically my first exam starts on the 16th May. Then I've got one on the 17th, one on the 19th and two on the 23rd
So that gives me a fair bit of revision time I suppose: it's not hard as such because I've worked hard - it's daunting more than anything!
Do you have any revision tips?
Thank you
Original post by TSRFT8
Nope, as long as you work hard from now till the exams start you should be fine. You have revised before its not like you are just starting so you should have no problems..

Goodluck.

Thanks its just so nerve-racking! I revised for a few hours today and I did yesterday also.
Do you have any tips on how to revise effectively, in a relatively short period of time?
Original post by zXcodeXz
Never too late do as much work as you possibly can

Thank you, I will.
Do you have any tips on how to revise effectively within a relatively short time period? (15 days?)
Thank you, I will.
Do you have any tips on how to revise effectively within a relatively short time period? (15 days?)

For what subject?
Original post by zXcodeXz
For what subject?

Triple Science, R.S, Geography and History?
:eek: It might be a bit hard, but you can do it. Just make notes for important sections, use the specification and do loads of past papers.

For science and re you can make revision card and notes to go over for history you can create a timeline for key events and do past papers for all. I don't do Geography sorry I don't know what I would do.
It's better to revise now than not to revise at all. Although I think it is quite late now but as long as you start right now and revise properly you will still achieve better than if you don't at all. Good luck though.
Thank you, I will.

I did not do History or Geography so i cant really help.

Past Papers - This helped me the most
A4 Posters (With short and brief things too help trigger your memory in the real exam)
Flashcards (Again only information which is relevant and not long winded answers)

Trust me all is not lost - You just need to get your head down, do whatever whether that be waking up at 6am and not going to sleep till 2am its better to do your best now then regret it later.

Quick Reply

Latest